LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
What part should we make next???
6,932 Posts
Group Buy: 5.7L S/S High Flow Catalytic Converter Systems only at HHP

Exclusive to HHP... The SECOND set of 50 cats are in STOCK! Josh has agreed to put these up for the SAME group buy price as the first 50!

The first 50 were completely sold out in two weeks, so now is a great opportunity for those of you that were waiting on test results!

MOFO testing has shown the following results...

9.7 hp and 11.3 ft-lbs torque!

No cels... and a noticable performance improvement.

Initial estimates show an improvement of 2 mpg under both highway and city driving.

REVIEWS: http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?p=396175#post396175

MOFO RESULTS: http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=34904

These systems are direct bolt systems and will work with either the stock exhaust manifolds or any of the shorty header systems. These systems will be produced exclusively for HHP by a leading exhaust manufacturer and will use Magnaflow's high flow cats (similar to what is currently used on the 6.1L's).

Stainless Steel, 2.5" Mandrel Bent Pipes
Magnaflow High Flow Converters
All bungs for easy direct bolt-on installation.

CARB legal: NO - Sorry Californians... not that this is stopping you guys at this point, lol

AWD: YES!! We are taking orders for the AWD. We are just tweaking the design and these will be shipping VERY soon!

Group Buy Info:

This is open to the first 50 participants... PM me for the purchase info!

Michael

·
Movin and shakin
1,900 Posts
RA said:
Initial estimates are also an additional 2 mpg under both highway and city driving.
You may want to re-word this... My initial thought was "fuel economy went down 2 mpg?" lol I'm not being picky or a #$!% just wondering if you noticed it. "Initial estimates are showing a 2 mpg increase in both highway and city driving!"

Are the midpipes going to be produced indefinitely? I wouldn't want to miss out on adding those fine pieces to my Mag. Can't do it right now though.

-Steve

·
6,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aries4life said:
You may want to re-word this... My initial thought was "fuel economy went down 2 mpg?" lol I'm not being picky or a #$!% just wondering if you noticed it. "Initial estimates are showing a 2 mpg increase in both highway and city driving!"

Are the midpipes going to be produced indefinitely? I wouldn't want to miss out on adding those fine pieces to my Mag. Can't do it right now though.

-Steve
Suggestion noted... and updated...

These are currently exclusive to HHP, no one else offers a mid pipe for the 5.7. I don't have any reason to believe that they will be discontinued.

But the discount will only last for the next 50 sets... The first 50 went in about 2 weeks. PM me if you want the details and the promo code.

·
Dismayed by your actions and words...
3,864 Posts
If anyone has any questions let me know. We have them and are ready to ship ASAP.

We also have some great pricing on the JBA shorty headers and CAT-back exhausts!!! These are in stock and ready to ship TODAY!

Take care,
Electrofied

·
Life is good
42 Posts
Im in, PM Sent!

·
6,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can go with the JBA's or the Gibsons... JBA has a relatively inexpensive Stainless model. You can also get ceramic or titanium coating for a little more.

The gibsons are ceramic coated.

I'll send you the info on the group buy...

·
6,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is an update for the AWD... I know it's been a while, and you (we've) been patient.

Josh's contact at JBA that has been working on this AWD project with him got seriosuly ill, and has been out for a while.

Josh has escalated, and we should know more on Monday night.

I'm sorry this is taking so long. It's really in JBA's hands right now, and Josh has been pushing for us as much as he possibly could.

Michael

·
LX Padiwan
670 Posts
RandomAccess said:
Here is an update for the AWD... I know it's been a while, and you (we've) been patient.

Josh's contact at JBA that has been working on this AWD project with him got seriosuly ill, and has been out for a while.

Josh has escalated, and we should know more on Monday night.

I'm sorry this is taking so long. It's really in JBA's hands right now, and Josh has been pushing for us as much as he possibly could.

Michael
Seems like everytime there's a delay, it's because someone got sick. I'm sorry but it gets tiring to hear the same line over and over again in every situation involving an internet transaction. And I've heard it a lot! The fact that JBA is dragging their feet on this because it only involves 4 AWD's from the first Group Buy??? Now that's not a big surprise to me. Disappointing,,, yes but a surprise, no. Josh can only do so much as can you Mike and your update is very welcome. :thumbs_u:

So we wait.
Robin

·
6,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
satfrat said:
Seems like everytime there's a delay, it's because someone got sick. I'm sorry but it gets tiring to hear the same line over and over again in every situation involving an internet transaction. And I've heard it a lot! The fact that JBA is dragging their feet on this because it only involves 4 AWD's from the first Group Buy??? Now that's not a big surprise to me. Disappointing,,, yes but a surprise, no. Josh can only do so much as can you Mike and your update is very welcome. :thumbs_u:

So we wait.
Robin
You guys know I'm in the same boat... Summers almost over... They better be here in time for the cool weather racing @ ETOWN!!!

·
MAG V
2,163 Posts
RandomAccess said:
You guys know I'm in the same boat... Summers almost over... They better be here in time for the cool weather racing @ ETOWN!!!
Any new updates on the AWD cats??? The resulting rattle mine developed after a tried and failed install is getting annoying, but I dont want to fix it until the new ones come in... Ya know, fix it one time, not many.

If I had known it was going to take this long I would have held the RWD cats for ransom! :beerchug:

·
6,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't think that would have helped.

His contact is now back in the office... I think JBA was trying to find a local AWD to do a test fit... Which is just about Rediculous in SOCAL... no one has an AWD out there. LOL...

I'm waiting to get an update from Josh this week... Believe me guys... I nag him almost every day!

·
Alter ego of MyMaggieMae...
11,785 Posts
RandomAccess said:
His contact is now back in the office... I think JBA was trying to find a local AWD to do a test fit... Which is just about Rediculous in SOCAL... no one has an AWD out there. LOL...
I'd volunteer my car! Not SoCal, but closer than you guys! :mrgreen:

·
MAG V
2,163 Posts
MyMaggieMae said:
I'd volunteer my car! Not SoCal, but closer than you guys! :mrgreen:
Sounds good to me! Then we can really test the fit... put them on, drop the car to the ground and see if you have less, equal to or more ground clearance than before...:rock: If they scrape, tell them to bring em up and tighten their tolerances. :wink:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.