LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
96SS now 06 MSRT8
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I took my MSRT8 in for a laundry list of issues with 4400 miles. One of the items on the list was break squeak and one was grooved rotors. Two seperate issues. They machined the rotors and said that would take care of both issues.

The TSB for the grooving is 05-006-06.
What is the TSB or is there one for the break squeak?

I obviously have less rotor now anyone know the specs on rotors to see how much I now have left?

·
First AWD LX in the 12's N/A
8,067 Posts
Exactly what Hemi31 just said, print out the TSB and head right back there.

·
96SS now 06 MSRT8
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I faxed it to them and they acted like they knew nothing about it. Which is highly lickly since it is only 2 days old but I told them 2 days ago the day the TSB came out that one was forthcoming so they should have at least checked for one. They now have a copy and we will see what they do.

Anyone know the specs for the rotors just in case?
Is there a TSB for the break squeak?

·
96SS now 06 MSRT8
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awsome thanks. Just called the dealer with TSB05-005-05 and he tried telling me that is an old TSB and does not apply. I can read and it specifically states 2006 Magnuam SRT8. I love car dealers!

·
Premium Member
34,711 Posts
M Taylor said:
Awsome thanks. Just called the dealer with TSB05-005-05 and he tried telling me that is an old TSB and does not apply. I can read and it specifically states 2006 Magnuam SRT8. I love car dealers!
I still don't know why dealers pull this crap.They get paid for the labor,they don't pay for the parts.Haven't they figured out a happy customer buys more cars?

·
05 Magnum RT and 10 Challenger
7,415 Posts
Hemi31 said:
I still don't know why dealers pull this crap.They get paid for the labor,they don't pay for the parts.Haven't they figured out a happy customer buys more cars?
I know, it's so lame.

From the TSB: NOTE: Replacing the brake pads will NOT reduce brake dust or minor rotor grooving.

I believe you need a different pad, probably the ones Zechhausen is selling over on 300cforums.

·
96SS now 06 MSRT8
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well finally they have agreed to fix the rotors with the new slotted ones per the TSB, they should be in tomorrow. They still wont put the new pad on per the other TSB as they feel the new rotors will solve the squeak problem.

They tried telling me on my grooved rotors were caused from breaking to hard and the I got road debrie in the breaks and that caused the grooving and that is not coved by warranty. I then asked why they machined the rotor if it was not covered by warranty. Answer was to stop the break squeak. If thats the case Im not sure why I'm now getting the TSB rotors but I'll take them and then be back for squeaky breaks.

·
I'm tryin' to think but nuttin' happens
5,151 Posts
Time to look for a new dealer. I don't suppose they realize that 90% of SRT-8s have the same problem.

·
96SS now 06 MSRT8
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a few other issues they claim are "abuse" as well. When I get it back I'm going 10 mile down the road to the next dealer to see if they have the same response.

·
96SS now 06 MSRT8
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got my car back. Love the slotted rotors, they look pretty cool too! They did not do the TSB (new pads) for the break squeak and at 100 mile I have no squeak, but I'm sure it will come back. Seems to me like less break dust too, might just be my imaginaiton. Then again if some of the break dust is really rotor duct (as one of the SRT guys claimed at the nationals) then maybe the new rotors dont make as much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.