LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got the vin and copy of the sticker today, but I'm told a good 3 weeks longer due to 'delay' in transit.

the wait is kiiling me over here

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Oh man exciting times..just hang in there.

I remember when you first got your scat back in the days. I'm still holding on to my scat after just about 6 years. Just still love it.

Deep in the back of my mind, sometimes I think that I might want to go the hellcat route before dodge rips them away from us, but now that I have my new ram, that's not an option for me.

Out of all of the cars you had, which one was your favorite?

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
The dreaded status KZLD, in transit but delayed.

So it's probably sitting in a company yard somewhere waiting on a rail car or a truck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh man exciting times..just hang in there.

I remember when you first got your scat back in the days. I'm still holding on to my scat after just about 6 years. Just still love it.

Deep in the back of my mind, sometimes I think that I might want to go the hellcat route before dodge rips them away from us, but now that I have my new ram, that's not an option for me.

Out of all of the cars you had, which one was your favorite?

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
yea I hear you! man, to pick a favorite is tough... my first one was great because it was first, the narrow body granite scat... the daytona was very cool too. I didn't love the challenger but I love my current scat because of the widebody, green with silver, and the vibrant exhaust which sounds so good.... but I have a feeling my favorite will be the one that's coming... I've had 5 scats, plus the temporary one lol... I'm very excited about the cat if it ever makes it here...

Reactions: arod412

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dreaded status KZLD, in transit but delayed.

So it's probably sitting in a company yard somewhere waiting on a rail car or a truck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
that's exactly what my guy told me... sitting in a yard somewhere.. he said they think it will be 3-4 weeks and that was a week ago so hopefully early next month... at least I know it exists.. some of the redeys/jailbreaks they ordered didn't get picked up and so never got built lol...

it's funny I was actually ready to order a scat but their allocation or something like that didn't allow at that time .... the only real choice I had was regular hellcat (no scat, no redeye, no jailbreak etc.)... which in the end I think will work out.. it kind of forced me to finally get the car I really have wanted lol.. probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger if I could have built a new, perfect scat the way I wanted (color and option wise). my current one was there that day on the lot and there were not many around and I had to get out of the durango. They gave me one day to decide on that one so I took it quick lol.. this time I got to choose colors and options exactly as I wanted which I've never really had the chance to do in the past.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
that's exactly what my guy told me... sitting in a yard somewhere.. he said they think it will be 3-4 weeks and that was a week ago so hopefully early next month... at least I know it exists.. some of the redeys/jailbreaks they ordered didn't get picked up and so never got built lol...

it's funny I was actually ready to order a scat but their allocation or something like that didn't allow at that time .... the only real choice I had was regular hellcat (no scat, no redeye, no jailbreak etc.)... which in the end I think will work out.. it kind of forced me to finally get the car I really have wanted lol.. probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger if I could have built a new, perfect scat the way I wanted (color and option wise). my current one was there that day on the lot and there were not many around and I had to get out of the durango. They gave me one day to decide on that one so I took it quick lol.. this time I got to choose colors and options exactly as I wanted which I've never really had the chance to do in the past.
Heat....Congratulations on the Cat! Not talked to you forever! Ordered mine last May and it came in last August. Just now got all the small mods on it way I like it! Michelins Pilot 4's coming next few weeks! Cannot stand the Zeros that came on it. ): Hope they get the Lizards off the log and get your Cat to you ASAP!

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heat....Congratulations on the Cat! Not talked to you forever! Ordered mine last May and it came in last August. Just now got all the small mods on it way I like it! Michelins Pilot 4's coming next few weeks! Cannot stand the Zeros that came on it. ): Hope they get the Lizards off the log and get your Cat to you ASAP!
Thanks and congrats to you as well! Your thoughts compared the scat ?

Looks like i might keep the scat and give it my son. He held up his end of the bargain but man it worries me giving him a scat..: then again, when I turned 18 my dad bought me my “muscle car”… im dating myself but it was 1989 lx 5.0 manual with the higher gears , hatch lol… at the time it was a beast it was between that and a grand national … looks like I made the wrong choice lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Your Welcome and Thanks! I really liked the Scat as you know, but I like the Hellcat much better in terms of power and suspension and I like the widebody looks & wider tires of which I just changed out From the P. Zeros to the Pilot Sport 4 All Seasons and wow, what a difference it made! Had they not gave right what I paid for the Scat on trade in I would have just kept the Scat and had both. I would have not hesitated to allow my Son to have the Scat! Just depends on the Son I guess....lol... mine never got a ticket whole time he was in high school but I bought what he wanted it was Ford Ranger Super Cab V-6 ....lol. But later years he would drive the Scat when I bought it from time to time. He likes the Cat better too, when he spins it now and then.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, I have the Ps as4 now. Put them on at 9k and at 33k now and they are still at 4-5/32 which is insane for this car compared to all the others I had . But the back right has 3 plugs in it lol so if son gets scat I’ll put some new shoes on her

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Yup, I have the Ps as4 now. Put them on at 9k and at 33k now and they are still at 4-5/32 which is insane for this car compared to all the others I had . But the back right has 3 plugs in it lol so if son gets scat I’ll put some new shoes on her

For sure on the PS4's had them on the Scat as well.....changed out these on Cat with only 4700 miles on them...lol. The P Zero's suck bad! Hope you get Cat soon! :)

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
update today they told me it's "in transit" but they can't track it and don't know when it will arrive... lol... I imagine it should be soon if its in transit... I hope

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Well your about a week to 10 days out or sooner....Once they put it on the rail head they have no way to track is what they told me last year too, then about a week later dealer called it was on the lot. :)

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well your about a week to 10 days out or sooner....Once they put it on the rail head they have no way to track is what they told me last year too, then about a week later dealer called it was on the lot. :)
Nice! 10 days sounds great , it’s been almost 6 months. Ordered it in mid December

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Wow!!! I bet 10 days is a blink of the eye for you after that long of wait! I would be nuts! Hope it gets to you sooner! I waited just over 3 months last year and was pleased with the wait. Not to mention very pleased with the WBHC with exception of the Tires, love the PS4's! Hope it gets to you perfectly with in the week!

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow!!! I bet 10 days is a blink of the eye for you after that long of wait! I would be nuts! Hope it gets to you sooner! I waited just over 3 months last year and was pleased with the wait. Not to mention very pleased with the WBHC with exception of the Tires, love the PS4's! Hope it gets to you perfectly with in the week!
you got lucky with 3 months of wait! good to hear that you're pleased with the cat, I've had 5 scats but never had the chance to own a cat... I'm the only idiot in today's economic climate and rising gas and inflation, buying a hellcat LOL

I just ordered a set of ps4as for the scat.. since it's going to my son I figured let me put some new shoes on. I have to say, the current set has 25k plus on them and there is still some tread. very impressed with the life. I've been through 5 scat packs so I know how they eat tires. NO other set has ever gone much beyond 12-14k (granted mostly summer tires but still) If I kept driving it I could get another 5k easily... they are at about 4/32nds still. It does get a little dicey now when it rains now so I'm not chancing it for him.. and the back tire has 4 plugs (4 nails in one tire all in one week)

then I'll probably have to get another set for the cat lol... I'm sure those pirellis aren't going to be on the cat for long... they are terrible from day 1

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
LMAO! Cat and Scat Owners just could give a rats ass less about gas for them when we ordered/bought them or now when we drive them! What goes up must come down! I had the 300C , Charger RT to The Scat to the Cat! four New Rams! He told me when I ordered it may be longer but I got lucky! The Michelins have been all I have owned great tires for sure! If I were in Fla. I would run summer tires for sure, but here there is nice sunny days but cold out!. Your Cat gonna eat on tires quite a bit more than the Scats! LOL. But oh what fun! Much better Traction with the mich. over the Zeros for sure! Your getting really nice wear from for sure. I bet your Son is a happy camper! :)

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hear ya… and thanks!

Yes he’s very excited and held up his end of the bargain so I had to hold up mine. He got his basketball scholarship to college… and he drives it all the time , he learned to drive on my 2nd scat so I just hope he doesn’t destroy it completely lol

Reactions: Scatram

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I hear ya… and thanks!

Yes he’s very excited and held up his end of the bargain so I had to hold up mine. He got his basketball scholarship to college… and he drives it all the time , he learned to drive on my 2nd scat so I just hope he doesn’t destroy it completely lol

That is too cool. He worked hard at it to get it save you some jingle in the process to and learned to drive on an awesome car he will always remember! Win win! Just make sure which I know you will to keep drilling in his head when you get a chance without being a nag the Scat can destroy him if not watching out for that big end speed!

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is too cool. He worked hard at it to get it save you some jingle in the process to and learned to drive on an awesome car he will always remember! Win win! Just make sure which I know you will to keep drilling in his head when you get a chance without being a nag the Scat can destroy him if not watching out for that big end speed!
Agreed and thanks. every time he leaves the house we have a quick chat LOL... I prey that I don't regret this but he is 18 now and seems to be a pretty good driver so here we go.. can't blame him, the day I turned 18 I (yes I'm dating myself), I marched into ford with my dad and basically forced him to buy me a 5.0 LX stick.... 1989 was the year... actually had no problems in that car by some miracle from above ...

on another note, I got a few pics of the cat, it's almost home... a few days now. it landed where it was supposed to up north and will be on a truck to me any day now! very excited

1 - 20 of 25 Posts