LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the Volant with the AFE Stage 2 system. This thing is a beast, the tube starts out at 5 ½" then is reduced at the throttle body. The filter is huge and has a cone shape at the end instead of a flat surface. As for performance I can feel a difference between the two but only a dyno would give the actual difference. This beast pulls so much air that you can actually hear it at slow speeds.



 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,985 Posts
Hey FC

fatchance said:
I just replaced the Volant with the AFE Stage 2 system. This thing is a beast, the tube starts out at 5 ½" then is reduced at the throttle body. The filter is huge and has a cone shape at the end instead of a flat surface. As for performance I can feel a difference between the two but only a dyno would give the actual difference. This beast pulls so much air that you can actually hear it at slow speeds.



Is that tube plastic or cast??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
LX Newbie
Joined
·
21 Posts
$464 for a plastic tube and an air filter? I'm sure you didn't pay that much fatchance!?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They retail for about $300.00

Boardmandan said:
$464 for a plastic tube and an air filter? I'm sure you didn't pay that much fatchance!?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just confirmed with AFE to meet with them to produce a SRT version of this system. I'll update the SRT owners as I get more info.
 

·
Survived 2017 ... 2020 or Bust ...
Joined
·
5,309 Posts
premiertruck said:
Any members interested, We can offer the AFE system at a great price.

Thanks,
David
We could always use a great price.........
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,260 Posts
It looks like it would suck in hot air from that portion of the coolant reservoir that is exposed.
Any thoughts/concerns about that?

I checked premiertruck website, they don't even advertise it as being available for the Mags.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can get the 5.7 AFE for members and I am working with AFE on the SRT model. I will know more by the end of next week for the SRT.

Hemi31 said:
Hmmm,maybe when they get the SRT version.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,260 Posts
joseph said:
It looks like it would suck in hot air from that portion of the coolant reservoir that is exposed.
Any thoughts/concerns about that?

Anyone??????????????
 

·
T.G.I.F.
Joined
·
24,289 Posts
joseph said:
joseph said:
It looks like it would suck in hot air from that portion of the coolant reservoir that is exposed.
Any thoughts/concerns about that?

Anyone??????????????
There should be no concern. Heat shields are a waste of materials on an LX car and may even restrict airflow in the engine cavity which is necessary to keep the air ambient around the filter. See this link for the air temp tests, including sensor tests around the filter element itself and directly from the IAT:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/search.php?searchid=914556

Make sure you take note of the removal of the two small panels to improve airflow, or do Meister's linked version and pull freaking everything.
 

·
No longer sporting dual R/T's!
Joined
·
9,301 Posts
I wonder if they'd sell just the tube?

I'm thinking that might be the only advantage to that setup, start big and taper to the inlet, niice and smooth. I'd think that would tend to accelerate things a bit?

Food for thought...

Mike
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
232 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top