LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
I-495 Hater
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else been to the desert and encountered one of these things?!?!? I came across a couple while I was in Saudi....was trying to cross a section of desert to the chow hall one night from work, stupid thing wouldn't let me through the hole in the fence I was trying to go through...kept hoping to the side I would try to go around it, and once I kicked sand at it to try and scare it away, it started hoping towards me....I starved that night :sad: Most spiders don't scare me, but these things are as big as damn chihuahuas and are scarey as hell!!!

·
LX Padiwan
3,697 Posts
Do they BITE?

·
I-495 Hater
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chunks out of you....you'll notice that is actually 2 camel spiders, one clamped onto the other ones butt

·
Hersela
2,352 Posts
i hate them fuggin things!! we killed one in Oman that was as big as a flat shovel head.

·
I-495 Hater
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fortunately in Dharan (or unfortunately...if you guys remember it in 96'), we slept in Khobar Towers and things were pretty well sealed up.....could you imagine sleeping in a tent and having one of those bastages crawl into your tent and end up crawling on your face or something and into your bag, you roll onto it on accident and it bite you?!?!?! Holy F'n hell I'da shat myself bigtime. There would be gunfire from my tent...me trying to plug a damn spider in revenge for a bite :Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
I-495 Hater
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Darthvader said:
Are they edible?
I think anything is edible if you roast it and add enough hot sauce and salt, that's how I ate the MRE omelets when everybody else seems to hate those things

·
Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late
6,193 Posts
DAANG!!
Those things are nasty!!
Looks like they enough meat on 'em to throw them on the grill, prolly atta first remove the poopy end just in case, and any poising carrying areas.

·
Hersela
2,352 Posts
they arent poisonous though. just a nasty ass bite. heard its hurts like a mofo!

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
Do they have hairy toes?

·
I-495 Hater
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GasGunR said:
Do they have hairy toes?
No....but I think camels do! :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
16,511 Posts
I would freakin crapfill my boots if one of the ^%*$**#@!! things go even close to me!! I aint afraid of much...but I HATE bugs!
Stinkin devil's play purties!

·
Fossil Fuel Aficionado
11,025 Posts
Man, those spiders are no joke! Good thing servicemen's uniforms are brown. Just in case one sneaks up on ya!

·
Hersela
2,352 Posts
i tell ya what.....i dont give a damn what snopes said about the camel spider. the one that i ran across was friggin huge. and it was standing on hot asphalt (250 degress +) when we attempted to kill it with a shovel, legs over both sides and everything. bleh....i get the heebie jeebies just thinkin about that thing again.....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.