LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
o k guys and gals, i've seen threads for wax, but, not for glass cleaner.... i just can't seem to get my glass clean! i've tried windex, invisible glass, some ''professinal glass cleaner'', and some stuff we use at work,(it works good there), i've used paper towels, and terry cloth rags, i'm at my wits end,...... keep gettin streaks! what do you use?

·
LX cruiser
157 Posts
Try using Windex and newspaper. The trick is to not let the paper get soaked. Wad the paper into a ball and keep flipping it.Once its wet get a fresh pc.

·
Screaming In Digital
4,692 Posts
I tired Invisible Glass and liked it THEN I got the detail kit from Adams Polishes. Now the only thing I will use it the Spray Glaze. You put it on and let it dry like a wax. It comes off easy with a microfiber towel and the glass looks AMAZING.

·
See ya in anotha life brotha
14,677 Posts
I was kinda surprised at how well the NXT Glass Cleaner worked. I use it in the house now vs the other stuff.

And I am with Dano on taking a clay bar to the windows every so often to get the deep funk off. Something else you can use is #4 Meguires and a rotory w/ an 8006 pad to deep clean the glass. The abradtive materials are not strong enough to scratch the glass but will cut the built up window funk.

-R

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
Rubbing compound...

·
LX Newbie
3 Posts
Fast orange hand cleaner for really bad windows

Been using it for years, just don't get it on the paint as it might scratch. I put it with a rag rub it in and then rinse off. Clean and smells good too. Inside windows are another issue.

Fast orange does a great job on the white letter/walls on tires to, about the easyest way to get that blue stuff off on new tires.

Newbe from upstate NY 05 AWD SXT

·
Premium Member
13,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
pita said:
Been using it for years, just don't get it on the paint as it might scratch. I put it with a rag rub it in and then rinse off. Clean and smells good too. Inside windows are another issue.

Fast orange does a great job on the white letter/walls on tires to, about the easyest way to get that blue stuff off on new tires.

Newbe from upstate NY 05 AWD SXT[/quote

thanks for the input, and welcome to the forums....

·
Premium Member
13,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i think i'll stay away for the clay bar, because, its the inside of the windows, i can't get streak free, soapy water i think would be a bit messy,
thanks everyone,

·
juzpazzinthru
449 Posts
Newspapers and vinegar/water...............always worked for mom, works for me.

·
Giggidy, giggidy, gig-gi-dy!
1,041 Posts
To get bugs and other stubborn stuff off, I use SoftScrub. After that, I use Stoner's invisible glass to clean the glass.

·
First AWD LX in the 12's N/A
8,067 Posts
Bugs, caked on road film etc... Mr.Clean Magic Eraser, then Invisible Glass for the rest of 'em

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.