LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
"Dude, give me your tots!"
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Eibachs sitting in my garage and i am planning on installing them this weekend. Is there anything to look out for? Special tools I might need other than some air rachets and spring compressor? Just let me know. i also have some 22 Foose Nitrous wheels that will be added soon after. Just let me know from you guys that have experience in lowering these.. I have lifted and lowered cars in the past but just thought I would ask here about anything weird with our cars.

·
Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late
6,193 Posts
You will probably wipe out your stock shocks in short order from what I have heard.

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That fine.. Are there replacement shocks that do a better job.. I think the suspension on this things suck anyway. Tons of body roll and dampening sucks so I dont care having to change out stuff. I would like to get the KW's but right now need to get some other things before those.

·
and there's no going back
846 Posts
Just give yourself a long day to do it, just in case you run into any snags. Print off the torque specs from the service manual so that you don't under/overtighten anything when you're putting her back together. You should be fine. You've got the Eibach PRO, not SPORT, right? The PRO is plenty low, and I'd advise agains the SPORT.

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I got the pro-kit.. I just want to take that wheel gap out and also stiffen it up..

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you give the info on the damperners? I am not familiar with them.. Is this there Coilover looking thing?

·
and there's no going back
846 Posts
Body Roll

bguild said:
Can you give the info on the damperners? I am not familiar with them.. Is this there Coilover looking thing?
I didn't get the Eibach shocks, and there is definitely a little bit of "float" once in a while, but it still feels much better than stock and the shocks haven't pooped out on me. It would be so easy to change them out if you're already changing the springs.

This picture will give you an idea of how much body roll I get, even WITH the stiffer springs!

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats a great pic... I have the SXT which is the V-6 I just read something looking at the Hitchkis swaybar and it read that all V-6 dont come with swaybars so factory ends would have to be purchased. Is that true? I havent had a chance to look under there but if there isnt that will be my next purchase and probably alot of my problems. I will most likely not put the shocks on now and just let mine go out and then I can justify them to the wife. haha Thanks for all the help it sounds like its pretty straight fwd. I am planning on spending all day Sat doing it. I hope to get some pictures.
Thanks again..

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well its slammed. I love it.. It looks like 500 times better. I cant believe how it looks now. Very happy. Anyway my wheels come Wednesday and then I will take some pics and post them on the forum. Thanks for all the help.
It took me from 8:30 -3:00 to lower her. I took my time but who it was alot harder than I thought but it was worth it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.