LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2021 Dodge Charger Scat Pack
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. When i buy a product and it work as advertised i like to post and share. I had my Valentine 1 (version 2) running off power from the OBD Port...no issues at all but i wanted the OBD port open later for scanning and maybe one of the banks pedal adapters. Someone on another forum told me of the GEN5DIY mirror power kit for my car (21 Scat Pack). So i picked one up and installed it yesterday. This kit has a power output plug that looks like a old phone cord connection. So if you get one make sure your radar detector has that kind of power input. I followed the install video they had on their website..it was super easy. pull down the plastic covers over the mirror mounts...unplug one connector..run theirs in line..and run the power cord where you want. My V1 is up top of the windshield between the mirror and the sunvisor. With my fat hands fiddling it took maybe 5 minutes. And works well. Def worth the $55 i paid for it..and no power wire running down the pillar or up from the center console.

Just wanted to let you guys know of a good product in case you like less wiring mess like i do! (no affiliation with the company)

Dan

1 - 1 of 1 Posts