LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bane of Zombiehood
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pals a cop, I've mentioned him before. However tonight his patrol happened to be on my way home. So i called him and told him i'd be coming through. I've often picked on him about his sissy cop car and he's often thought it'd out run me.

The night was calm, high humidity, 78 degrees. The road was flat, open, empty, straight with gentle curves. He pulled up next to me and at first i thought i was getting pulled over but then remembered it was him. We were going 45, i dropped it down to 2nd and took off leaving him behind. he didn't catch up until i stopped accelerating at 110. then we took off from that, i left him behind in 3rd gear letting him catch up at 12X.

This went on for a while, I let him stay ahead in the curves b'c frankly i'm just not used to driving that fast and was a bit scared (i'm a man i can admit stuff like that lol). We finally caught up to the only car on the road slowed down hit a cut through b'sed for a while. He had a huge smile when he said "man i can't wait to get the chargers." I told him I'd let him drive the magnum and get a feel so he can be the first on the block to know what they're doing.

All told it was freakin sweet chasing down with a cop going 100+ for a few miles and even fewer minutes.:racing:

·
Bane of Zombiehood
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iRock said:
And when you woke up what did you do? j/k fun story.
lol called my buddy and said let's do it again. then he said "i should arrest you for dreaming about it." haha i'm still all hopped up on adreniline...sweet!

·
Threadkiller.........see?
3,099 Posts
HA! Cool. What a great opportunity. :thumbs_u:

·
Dude, Where's my LX!?!?
4,291 Posts
bmartin practically does. He gets tagged with a lazer gun, gets a ticket, and his LEO buddy finds the ticket then finds a home for it in the TRASHCAN!!!

1,491 Posts
Great story. You can get away with fun stuff like that in other parts of the country. Cant do that in Calif. Too many cell phones and camcorders. The next thing you know, you got a sergeant on the radio asking you to return to the station. Believe me he will have alot of questions and alot of paperwork to fill out.

What I have done, but not as fun but pretty cool, is pull up next to modified Honda or import (cant use the R word I guess) at a street light. I look over to the driver. He looks at me like, "Oh schnit. What have I done." Then I rev the motor on my motorcycle and nod forward. The look of confusion, disbelief, and realization is priceless. The smile appears on their faces. The light turns green and I just pull away.

·
Dude, Where's my LX!?!?
4,291 Posts
Shaggin Magnum said:
Great story. You can get away with fun stuff like that in other parts of the country. Cant do that in Calif. Too many cell phones and camcorders. The next thing you know, you got a sergeant on the radio asking you to return to the station. Believe me he will have alot of questions and alot of paperwork to fill out.

What I have done, but not as fun but pretty cool, is pull up next to modified Honda or import (cant use the R word I guess) at a street light. I look over to the driver. He looks at me like, "Oh schnit. What have I done." Then I rev the motor on my motorcycle and nod forward. The look of confusion, disbelief, and realization is priceless. The smile appears on their faces. The light turns green and I just pull away.
LMAO!

·
Bane of Zombiehood
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
shane93nc said:
Cost of speeding ticket:$135,cost of insurance going up:$200:cost of street racing a cop: priceless
lol i'll find out the real cost of that tix for kicks and giggles. but i'm extremely certain that even though my insurance guy is a good friend of mine even he'd have to drop me lol...then again without a license there's not a lot of need for insurance :rock:

·
Registered
570 Posts
iamkungfool said:
lol i'll find out the real cost of that tix for kicks and giggles. but i'm extremely certain that even though my insurance guy is a good friend of mine even he'd have to drop me lol...then again without a license there's not a lot of need for insurance :rock:
Now thats true.<y wife and i are getting ready to switch insurance from nationwide to GMAC.Can you believe they gave us a better price then nationwide did with the same coverage.And we have been with nationwide since 1999.They beat there price by about $250 every six months.

·
I'll be back...someday
3,642 Posts
Shaggin Magnum said:

\

Jose what station you posted at? Im gunna sit there all day and wait for you to rev ur engine at me! I'm not gunna let you pull away though lol. no but seriously, that is awesome lol

·
Bane of Zombiehood
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i talked to my buddy about that ticket again. would have been somewhere around $1600. $580 just for 130 in a 55. $520 for reckless, $200 for negligent. i don't think he pulled the "engaging in a contest of speed" money though so i dunno how much that runs. but man would that tix have sucked lol.

·
Full Time
513 Posts
iamkungfool said:
well i talked to my buddy about that ticket again. would have been somewhere around $1600. $580 just for 130 in a 55. $520 for reckless, $200 for negligent. i don't think he pulled the "engaging in a contest of speed" money though so i dunno how much that runs. but man would that tix have sucked lol.
:shock: That would hurt!!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Shaggin Magnum said:

You would not do much better in Chicago. Most squad cars have GPS tracking on them and whole bunch of other systems that show your location, speed, and other diags in the control center.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.