LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
05 Magnum 6.1L Pro Street
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd honestly prefer to own & modify a car that LESS People have. More people that have them, the more that modify them. Look at the 300c's (granded I love them), but you see 10x more of them on the road.

I like to be different, and then take a car thats sold fewer units, brings fewer people that modify it.

** BUT ** EVERY single time i come to this forum, there is 3x as many people in the magnum forum than the 300c, charger, or general LX chat.

I think everyone that buys the magnum - is a different croud. Just look at the forum #'s. Thats why I tubbed the Magnum - originally I was going to tub out a hemi 300'C - then I said wait - how bad ass would a magnum be.

Reactions: iRock

·
Premium Member
10,447 Posts
Yeah if you see magnums on the road there not to pimped out at all, its a great car I hate seeing the sales that slump like that.

·
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chuckles_1205 said:
Yeah if you see magnums on the road there not to pimped out at all, its a great car I hate seeing the sales that slump like that.
the car sales market right now is the worst / strangest i've seen it in a long time. don't take a months or 2 months sales to judge by. The magnum is a nasty car - I think the rental car companies are using the 300c's so that is a huge # increase with enterprise & thrifty buying HUGE quanity of those. I dont know of anyone by me that rents magnums.

With the market how it is, you can't take a quick slump into concideration. Its all in the long run. The car will sell itself - the insecurity of rates / market / gas prices has car sales SO screwed up.

·
LX Padiwan
282 Posts
I hate to see the sales slump, but I do agree -- its nice having a vehicle that not as many people have. One reason I originally got the Mach. Just not that many of those -- problem with that is I could indetify the obvious differences between the Mach and a regualr stang, but most people couldn't.

Anyway, one reason sales have slumped I'm sure is the Charger. No doubt that has eaten into it.

·
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JeffreyDJ said:
I hate to see the sales slump, but I do agree -- its nice having a vehicle that not as many people have. One reason I originally got the Mach. Just not that many of those -- problem with that is I could indetify the obvious differences between the Mach and a regualr stang, but most people couldn't.

Anyway, one reason sales have slumped I'm sure is the Charger. No doubt that has eaten into it.
in my town, everyone has 22's on 300'c-s & Chargers - Ive only seen O N E magnum on 22's, and it looked so good i almost messed my pants. Im not knocking the 300's or the chargers - they are just so much more common & so much more common to just stick a set of 22's on them & call it a day. then waht do you have? You have a car, that you ordered a set or rims, bolted them on and thats it. You are everyone in my town.

just wait till my magnum comes out :eek:wned:

·
AZ LX
74 Posts
I feel the same way. In 04 I was watching the sales of the Magnums and waited to see if any recalls were going to come out. After the first 05's hit the floor I got one and I loved it. I put on a set of 255x45x20's and started to save for the next upgrade. Everywhere i whent all i saw was c3's and a low grade mag here and there but not a lot. then I started woking on the car adding intake, borla pipes, throdle body spacers, chips, limo tint, underbody LED's, PS2, screens, dressed up the engin.... now i ride down the street and see a mag, c3 or charger everywhere, But when I pull up at the saterday night hot sopt its still only one or two others LX's there and we're getting all the attention.

Another part of all this is the media. All the videos and movies have the LX's in them now, witch i love to see but it makes everybody and there mother get one. The fact of the matter is if you get these cars you got to get the HEMI anything elce is just for show. I see about 1 HEMI to every 30 LX's I see on the road. why is that?

Now that the rental comp have used these cars for the past year thay sold all them off and got new ones for there fleet. The old ones sold for heck of cheep and if you can deel with a little where and tear on your new ride you too can look like all them in the videos.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
To us enthusiasts volume of cars sold means only one thing - availability of aftermarket parts. But because of almost cult following of LX platform, I don't think sales volume with cool or heat the aftermarket, it is our addiction to modding our cars is what will affect the market.
As far as trade-in values go, for me, I am keeping her until she has 100K on it. Once she does, she is going to charity. I am yet to trade in a car that is worth more than $500.

·
LX Guru
14,153 Posts
I bought my Magnum Jan 05 and am amazed that it hasn't become more popular. That being said, its pretty cool driving a car that you don't see every day. I always liked cars that were different, ie/ Studebakers,Packards, and I am building a 52 Willys Areo street rod. Not a car you see clogging up the highway!

·
Go Virginia Tech Hokies!
696 Posts
Us Magnum folks are kind of in a sweet spot. The Mag body style LX is more rare and thus unique, but the volume of Chargers and 300's will ensure a good powertrain parts supply. The fact that we have cop car versions of the LX's also means we have a "heavy duty" parts bin we can dig into as well. That's always good.

Hokie

·
LX Newbie
37 Posts
I also am disappointed at the decline in Magnum sales the past few months. This, I think, has happened because the general public looks at the Magnum as a gas-guzzler (even though it has the same MPG as the other LX vehicles), and Daimler-Chrysler has not really advertised this car much since it's model intro. The Dr Z ads this past month have excluded the car altogether.

·
05 Cool Vanilla Magnum RT
4,039 Posts
Displaced Hokie said:
Us Magnum folks are kind of in a sweet spot. The Mag body style LX is more rare and thus unique, but the volume of Chargers and 300's will ensure a good powertrain parts supply. The fact that we have cop car versions of the LX's also means we have a "heavy duty" parts bin we can dig into as well. That's always good.

Hokie
Well said Hokie!!! Just what I was gonna say! Must be a VA Tech thing!! HA!

·
Two tons o' Hemi powered fun!
390 Posts
Yeah; I saw one ad with a Magnum in it during a Nascar race, when the Charger and Magnum raced through a carwash. I only saw it the one time though. Really, it's as if the Magnum didn't exist for DCX

·
Huge Member
782 Posts
I did see a silver SRT Magnum yesterday which is VERY rare in Orlando. I know of 2 other black ones and 1 Red. Now this silver one.

Just like my steaks, nice and rare.:wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.