LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The member formerly known as Jleilich
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my eyes on a new set of wheels, but am curious about how the tire pressure sensor will react. Can i keep the sensors? what did you guys do?

·
Premium Member
26,921 Posts
You just have to make sure they'll fit. If you're keeping the old wheels as backups, buy a new sensor and test fit it in any wheels you're considering. They will fit in a lot of wheels.

If you're selling the old wheels, buy new sensors and leave the old ones in there. Or give the buyer the choice. Because as soon as you take them out, the wheels will have to be rebalanced. Most people would be happy to pay extra for the sensors to be left in, so they don't have to cough up money to rebalance and buy sensors if they need them.

·
The member formerly known as Jleilich
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going up in size from 18 to 20's So i guess i would buy new sensors. Where do you get them from? and where do they mount?

·
LX Padiwan
354 Posts
I want to ask the same question as above. One of our supporting have the sensors? Appx cost? Ease of installing?

·
Premium Member
26,921 Posts
I've seen them going for around $30 US each. You buy them from a dealer.

The stem is part of the antenna, but if it won't fit, you can modify it so you don't have to use the stem. It would require an alternate means of attaching it to the rim, and the antenna connection still has to be made.

Sigh... I've posted a picture a few times already. Where is it... Oh yeah, there... The module can move a bit off the valve stem, so there's flexibility in fit, to a certain degree.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.