LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
05 Cool Vanilla Magnum RT
4,039 Posts
I've got an early 05 Magnum, build date 10/04. No fold flat seats here! I heard it was added later. But don't know when. I would love to fold mine flat though! Lotsa windsurfing equipment goes inside the Shagwagon!

·
Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late
6,193 Posts
Wifey's Caliber pass seat folds flat!!

·
See ya in anotha life brotha
14,677 Posts
I dont quite get flat, but the 8 way passenger all the way forward, and leaned all the way back with the head rest off is almost level with the rear cargo area.

Made it handy taking some long shelving home.

-R

·
Magnum Come Loudly
7,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RobAGD said:
I dont quite get flat, but the 8 way passenger all the way forward, and leaned all the way back with the head rest off is almost level with the rear cargo area.

Made it handy taking some long shelving home.

-R
Sounds like a good compromise, I'll try that. I've got a building project going on, and sometimes it would be nice to go pick up a 2x4 or 2 without running home and getting my old rusty 76 VW Dasher wagon (good car, just tired) with the roof racks on just for a few pieces of wood.

·
Mopar or NoCar
125 Posts
I pop 2x4 in all the time. Drop the drivers side rear seat and slide the 2x4 in all the way up between the 2 front seats. Cup holders are no use but then nothing is perfect.
I had 4 in there yesterday, 8 is the most I ever had. It may hold more but the wife will feel isolated.

·
vajazzle it!....;)
15,798 Posts
Todd RT-
Ditch the windsurfing gear and go kitesurfing! (I MAY have mentioned that before..LOL)

·
Steve
1,082 Posts
DeepSIX said:
I pop 2x4 in all the time. Drop the drivers side rear seat and slide the 2x4 in all the way up between the 2 front seats. Cup holders are no use but then nothing is perfect.
I had 4 in there yesterday, 8 is the most I ever had. It may hold more but the wife will feel isolated.
Ohhhh....I bet there are a lot of guys here who are headed to Lowes or Homedepot for a dozen! :)

12-2X4's...that'll shut her up....cheaper than diamonds :)

·
Magnum Come Loudly
7,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good ideas. Especially about isolating the wife! Too funny!

This reminds me - I keep an old paint drop cloth in the car just in case I have to haul something dirty, but I need to throw some rope in there too, in case I need to tie down some boards, and to hold down the tail gate.

Oh, and also, I saw this somewhere. Get one of those split foam tubes that go over water pipes under the house. Stick that on the bottom lip of the tail gate to keep it from getting scratched up if a board is sticking out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.