LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
mr.clean
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my 91 tune programmed rite I thought. 91 tune red. tq. paddle hold. tran. shift pts I thought read 6250. Whwn testing Iam not sure if I wasnt shifting fast enough or if something was wrong. Seemed to reach a peak and rpms went up and down. seemed about 6100 too fast to look too long. Is it my shifting? also seems like hesitation before the actual upshift. Can shift 4-spd faster with less rpm drop. thanks

·
I'm releasing the flying monkeys!
1,468 Posts
There is a delay in manual shifts (if I'm reading you correctly). I don't use manual shifts when I "jump" on it because it is too easy to bump the rev limiter. Since we both have AWDs, maybe this delay is worse on our vehicles - dunno. There is nothing that can be done about it. I also believe we have more TM than non-AWD vehicles because even with the TM reduction of the Flashpaq, my tranny feels like a real slush-box. I leave it in automatic mode for best accelleration results. I also don't think you gain anything with the raised shift points. Just my $.02.

·
mr.clean
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Ill try something different when I go out this afternoon. Ill try auto and lower shift points.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.