LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· LX Newbie
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow is all I can say about the FlashPak I picked up from Smokin.

It really wakes up the car. I really need to get it to the track to see what it can do now.:banana:

Thanks again Smokin for the parking lot instruction.

I also noticed in the 87 mode my mpg jumped significantly by about 2-4 mpg.

I also enjoy hearing the extra 500rpm before the upshift.

How do I use the 89 octane mode and tune the trans? It seems you only have a choice between the 91 and 87, not the 89. I do not mind running 89 all the time, but not really inclined to run 91 all the time.

Thanks to smokin again.

Rampant

· LX Guru
14,159 Posts
You may be able to run 89 octane with the 91 tune. Wait until you are nearly empty and put in half a tank of 89 octane. Drive and listen for any hint of detonation or pinging. If you get pinging, drive easily back and fill her up with premium. No pinging, let her rip. Better mileage, more performance. I have been running 89 octane on the 91 tune for quite a while,no pinging what so ever. I swear it runs better. If you don't try it you will never know.

· LX Newbie
114 Posts
rampant said:
Wow is all I can say about the FlashPak I picked up from Smokin.

It really wakes up the car. I really need to get it to the track to see what it can do now.:banana:

Thanks again Smokin for the parking lot instruction.

I also noticed in the 87 mode my mpg jumped significantly by about 2-4 mpg.

I also enjoy hearing the extra 500rpm before the upshift.

How do I use the 89 octane mode and tune the trans? It seems you only have a choice between the 91 and 87, not the 89. I do not mind running 89 all the time, but not really inclined to run 91 all the time.

Thanks to smokin again.

Rampant
glad to hear your're having fun with the flash pak,those iv's are really strong. i think if someone was to have 2 or 3 that would be it,anyways have fun dale and nice to see you again

· "BAD TOYZ INC."
1,600 Posts
formerice said:
You may be able to run 89 octane with the 91 tune. Wait until you are nearly empty and put in half a tank of 89 octane. Drive and listen for any hint of detonation or pinging. If you get pinging, drive easily back and fill her up with premium. No pinging, let her rip. Better mileage, more performance. I have been running 89 octane on the 91 tune for quite a while,no pinging what so ever. I swear it runs better. If you don't try it you will never know.
I also use the 91 Tune with 89 octane, runs great, not a problem at all.
Stan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.