LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Communicator
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I went to Future Shop and bought a DVD copy of Vanishing Point.

I have to say that, that movie was real good. The reproduction to DVD was real clean and the sound was darn good.

I would love to see a proper remake of that movie using the NEW challenger when it arrives.

Anyone else have an opinon on this movie?

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
Magma said:
There actually was a remake... made for TV.... saw it YEARS ago.... but I think I enjoyed the orginal more.

I agree... it would be really cool to see the new Challenger in a remake!

Adam
The TV movie with Aragorn and Luke Perry as the blind, black DJ. Urgh. That was a terrible piece of crap.

If I ever see it on DVD for $5 I'll pick it up for the cars, but that's about it.

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
There was an intervew with the guy who played Kowalski in one of the car mags last month... DCX let him drive the new Challenger:)

Look at the end of the DVD closely... the car that they used to crash into the buldozers is supposed to be a camero...

Don

·
Southern by the grace of God
819 Posts
GasGunR said:
:)

Look at the end of the DVD closely... the car that they used to crash into the buldozers is supposed to be a camero...

Don
yep, a 67 Camero was sacrificed for that scene

·
Registered
519 Posts
GasGunR said:
There was an intervew with the guy who played Kowalski in one of the car mags last month... DCX let him drive the new Challenger:)

Don
It was the August issue of Motor Trend

·
LX Newbie
69 Posts
I watched the tv edition a few years ago, and i thought it sucked, even though i like Jason Priestley (not Perry), he's a car guy. All i heard was how great of a movie it was, and i was rather disappointed. Then after reading the article in the car mag, i realized the movie with priestley was a remake, so i went and bought the original. The original was awesome, Kowalski and the challenger was brilliant. The remake tried too hard to add a storyline, the first one was like the short movie about the guy who speeds through the streets in an 1980's Ferrarri, I dont remmeber the name of it, but both were great driving sequences.

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
FOOSEified RT said:
The remake tried too hard to add a storyline, the first one was like the short movie about the guy who speeds through the streets in an 1980's Ferrarri, I dont remmeber the name of it, but both were great driving sequences.
Are you thinking of The Rendezvous? With the car driving through Paris? The original story was that the director hired an F1 driver to drive a Ferrari through Paris at dawn. Years later he finally revealed, among other things, that it was a Mercedes, the sound was dubbed in (pretty obviously in some places where he shifts 6 or 7 times), and the film speeded up in portions.

"The camera is fixed at the grill of Mercedes. How the car was equipped?
We hung the camera on the bumper of the car, one 6,9 Mercedes liters. At the interior we were three, attached like mules: myself at the wheel, my machino boss, and my operator boss for if required changing the diaphragm. For the last moment, it was necessary to regulate a slide means. The image was to be with the short-nap cloth of the ground to be even more spectacular. We are in full August. Of course, we had decided to sacrifice film and all to stop with the first danger. We rolled really quickly."

http://forums.subdriven.com/zerothread?id=2640522

http://www.lesfilms13.com/actualite/actualite.htm

(translation of this article appears in the first link)

·
LX Newbie
69 Posts
Yeah, thats the one... I've only seen it once, but i thought parts of it seemed a little off. Good video, but disappointed now.

·
LX Padiwan
665 Posts
Sir, you should be slapped for wanting 'remakes'. Have you not learned that they SUCK?! Hollywood would be proud to see you asking for them since they don't have to do anything creative in them but figure other new ways to take your money. The original is a classic. The remake was bad (hey at least it was a TV thing). A movie version would be nothing but a big FU without even a reach around as they try to make money. -Trouble

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.