LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
like a complete rundown? I know they got rid of the cupholder lid, and the hood struts, and the uconnect wiring on non-equipped cars, and the foam under the rear spoiler...

·
Mopar Nut
175 Posts
Minor things mostly, some good some bad. Different colors aside the 06s lost the hood struts and the extended warranty but gained the auto headlights as a factory option, silver center console trim, an easier to see cruise control indicator when activated. I think the coil wire routing changed under the engine cover, they eventually got tire pressure monitoring too. I'm sure there's a bunch of minor production level changes to individual parts too. That's just what I remember.
Someone posted a list of changes for 07. Some of them were an oil change reminder, auto up and down power windows on some option packages. The big changes are in the available option packages, there's an extra one available for the R/Ts this year I think.

·
My other cars has 2 wheels
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
didn't they reprogram the ecm so fuse #17 wouldn't over ride the esp system?
Super T said:
like a complete rundown? I know they got rid of the cupholder lid, and the hood struts, and the uconnect wiring on non-equipped cars, and the foam under the rear spoiler...

·
24,673 Posts
dunno, mine was born 11/04

·
24,673 Posts
wtf? they got fold-flat front seats? you're kidding, right? i'm not... that bout pisses me off!

·
Go Dupont Racing!
3,623 Posts
MattRobertson said:
Wow that sucks! Also the '06+ Mags got the bigger HEMI badges, and the fold flat front seats mid year I think.
Fold flat front seats???!!!! WTF? Why couldn't they figure that out when designing the original? That would be way cool.

·
Absent From Malaise
4,553 Posts
Am I missing something? What is the good of a fold flat drivers seat?

·
05 Cool Vanilla Magnum RT
4,039 Posts
For loading windsurfing boards in your car! Or surfboards!

Anyone got a front passenger R/T Light Greystone Folddown Flat 06 seat for sale??

·
She's done heck darnit!
3,384 Posts
yes, I would like to have individual coilpacks like on the 06's instead of the rats nest that I have now... but I wouldn't give up my cupholder door for anything!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Super T said:
I know they got rid of the cupholder lid
I thought they added that later, not removed it, my 05 RT (build date 06/04) has the crummy no cover non equal sized cupholders, which I hate because the drivers side one is to small for practicaly any drink to fit in properly.

·
My other cars has 2 wheels
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I kinda like the cup holder covers, It gives the car cleaner look. (6/04)
shiltz said:
I thought they added that later, not removed it, my 05 RT (build date 06/04) has the crummy no cover non equal sized cupholders, which I hate because the drivers side one is to small for practicaly any drink to fit in properly.

·
LX Newbie
52 Posts
I hate the cupholders too. Who thought that it would be a good idea to give you a cupholder that was too small to even hold a bottle of water or something. Forget about it if you have two people in the car with drinks, you're holding your own!

·
She's done heck darnit!
3,384 Posts
My build date of 7/04 has the lid and normal cupholders. I thought they disappeared afterward as well.

·
LX Padiwan
282 Posts
My 05 (don't know production date, but I assume it was later in the model year) has the cupholder cover. I don't eat or drink in my car anyway, but if I did i'm not sure that cupholder could hold much of anything anyway.

Oh, my 05 also has tire pressure monitoring.

Also, I think I actually prefer the slightly rubbery dark gray carbon look on my center console in the 05 to the silver in the 06.

I do wish I had auto headlamps though. :(

·
First AWD LX in the 12's N/A
8,067 Posts
Let's not forget about the other interior stuff.

Silver radio bezel, inserts on the bottom spokes of the steering wheel

·
05 Cool Vanilla Magnum RT
4,039 Posts
JeffreyDJ said:
My 05 (don't know production date, but I assume it was later in the model year) has the cupholder cover. I don't eat or drink in my car anyway, but if I did i'm not sure that cupholder could hold much of anything anyway.

Oh, my 05 also has tire pressure monitoring.

Also, I think I actually prefer the slightly rubbery dark gray carbon look on my center console in the 05 to the silver in the 06.

I do wish I had auto headlamps though. :(
I thought I had TPM (tire pressure monitoring) too! Then I got new tires and suprise suprise... no monitors. Just the light on the dash. 05 MagRT build 10/04

I too like the cupholder lid. Just drinks in the center console make it difficult to paddle shift!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.