LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LX Newbie
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've long gotten over the need to prove anything. but this morning i got into an accidental race. at at stop light, a dump truck pulled into the intersection and proceeded to creep up the road belching clouds of black smoke. i downshifted to 1 and waited for the light to turn green. lightly tapping the gas, i turned over both 255/55 Falkens a couple of times and left. behind and to my left, i heard the sound of another set of tires being abused along with the hollow exhaust note of a flowmaster system. a quick glance in the mirror revealed an upset southern gentleman in a late 90s Z28. i hadn't realized he was there and apparently he took my prompt departure as an affront. he was bound and determined to pin me behind the dump truck. through second, third and fourth, i pulled away. when clear, i tapped my turn signal and slid in front of him with a car length to spare. after passing the dump truck, i returned to the "slow lane" and resumed the speed limit+10. i smiled and waved to the guy in the Z who then proceeded to cut me off and weave through traffic for the next mile or so cutting off a dozen other people. some people can't have fun, i guess.

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
Sweet. :rock: Nice write up.

I thought you were going to take on the dump truck!

You bruised the z's ego a bit and he responded in the typical small minded way you might expect. I love beating 2 door cars that think they are fast. Even better if they are fart can imports.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.