LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went safe with black on the triple nickel... stripes are so cool on these cars lol...

driveway looking good here...

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

·
Registered
156 Posts
That looks awesome!! I want to change up the stripes on my Mustang now but the best place in the area just closed for being too busy.

Reactions: Heat00

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Love the stripes on all of them

I’ve been debating on stripes on mine for 6 years now…still can’t decide…lol.

Just hard with a dark blue.

Black stripes, can’t see them
Gray stripes….just very minor pop to it
Red stripes….big pop on that
Black carbon fiber…. To tacky

So I’m back to….just leave it clean looking…lol

2022 Ram 1500 Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (wife)

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
And a tip for anyone thinking about carbon fiber stripes, the factory stripes point the grain pattern on each stripe to the center of the car (check the pics) and it really looks nice.

Many aftermarket installers either don't realize this or just don't want to take the time and they end up with the pattern going the same way on both stripes and it really looks bad. Also a sure fire way to spot non-factory stripes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
14 Posts
So I’m back to….just leave it clean looking…lol
No harm in leaving it alone at all, I can respect that.

However, if I may provide my opinion, I think matte black stripes on a dark blue car would look amazing. They would pop off in daytime or nighttime light just the same. If you use a pinstripe like red to pop them off even more, it completes the look.

Daytime Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

Reactions: Heat00

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And a tip for anyone thinking about carbon fiber stripes, the factory stripes point the grain pattern on each stripe to the center of the car (check the pics) and it really looks nice.

Many aftermarket installers either don't realize this or just don't want to take the time and they end up with the pattern going the same way on both stripes and it really looks bad. Also a sure fire way to spot non-factory stripes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
wow... I never thought or noticed that. good one. I went with just black, I think Satin finish and my scat has the aluminum gloss so that wasn't an issue for me, but great to know.
My guy does a really nice job and you can select other colors ... I don't keep the cars long enough to know if there is any issue long term with the aftermarket ones. I always prefer everything OEM in general although I'm pretty happy with the stripes. the scat has had them on for about a year and half and 35,000 miles and they look perfect still. Of course they are much easier to maintain as opposed to the black that seems to show everything and anything lol... guess its like paint on the car, silver is easier than black lol.. here's a few new shots for the hec of it... finally had a sunny day and a wash together LOL

Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle Cloud

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Wheel Cloud Sky Tire Vehicle

Car Vehicle Tire Plant Hood

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like that "new" hood soooo much better
agreed. it's really cool and something different than past ones at least. i'm enjoying the cat so far, got the LMI and it screams... got new tires today!

was in my son's scat today (my old one) and the exhaust sounds soooo good.. now I'm tempted to get the vibrants but I worry about 2 things, Neighbors (and not being stock) and making the exhaust a lot louder after now I can finally hear the whiine lol

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What'd you go with?
the Michelin PS4 All Seasons. they have been great and the extra money is worth it as they last longer so they really aren't more expensive lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts