LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmK
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my calipers I painted I got the duplicolor kit at pep boys for $15. Took about 4hr cause I took breaks and it was hot as hell plus I lowered the car and I needed 2 jacks to get the front end off the ground!

·
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmK
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a pic of my washer nozzels that I painted the paint I got matched perfect I put on 4 coats of base and 5 coats of clear.

Here is my Sirius Antenna. Yes its an aftermarket antenna its on the back of the trunk. Once I put my spoiler on you wont be able to see it from the back just from the sides. I think its the best location for it.

Here is my headunit its an eclipse, hd/sirius ready. I also hooked up a 8 disc cd changer to it. Right under it in the little cubby hole I am going to put my digital display for my back up sensors.

·
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmK
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Magma said:
Very nice!
Damn you are quick!!! :)!!!! I didnt even get the other pics up!!

·
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmK
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RandysWay said:
Nice job! :D What kind of tire gloss do you use? Does it sling all over the paint?
Amorall Gel, No it doesnt sling on the paint. I let it sit for a bit before driving anywhere and I wipe it off excess with a rag.

·
Soccer Mom in the Inferno Red Road Dawg!
546 Posts
I like what you've done to your car, lukeinva.

I was wondering about the tire gloss, too. A couple of months ago I saw a car and the tires looked like they had been painted glossy black. So I started my search for tire gloss to get the same effect, hence, the episode with the sugar ants. I found the Armour All Gel a couple of weeks ago and I like it.

·
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmK
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the complaments!! Yeah I love that stuff it works great. You can also just put armorall on your tires with a big paint brush. Thats what they do at the car wash I take it to when I am too lazy to wash it! That stuff last for like 2 weeks.

·
GOOD MEAT TAKES A LONG TIME!
21,543 Posts
I like the red calipers and the sirius antenae is hardly noticable, compared to the giant OEM antenae. Sweet job!

·
The member formerly known as Jleilich
533 Posts
looks great, nice job

·
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmK
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well I got the VHT tint spray it was $13 for a can! But just the other day when I took off the front fascia to take the grill out to paint it I decided to paint the side markers the same as the car also. Unfortunatly I ran outta paint when painting the grill I need another coat or 2 on the grill before I can put clear on it. I am waiting for the paint to come in so I can finish and once I do I will take some more pics! Oh yeah they arent turn signals just parking lights.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.