LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Taurus that I bough factory extended warranty for it via on-line from a dealer. I got realy good price on it and over the life of that warranty I not only got back every penny in service, but also ended up "making" money on it. I think I made back about 200% of what I paid.

Now I drive my Magnum 22K per year (I never realized that until I sat down and calculated it), so things can and will go bad.
I found a place on-line (Dodge dealer in Barrington, IL) chryslerservicecontracts.com and they have Max Care (the highest one) 5yrs/85000 contract MCX585M for $1280 with $0 deductibe ($50 was onlu $100 cheaper). With Chicago dealers charging you $95 per hour for labor and parts costing a fortune, once tranny problem will cost that.

Anyone purchased a contract from those guys? Any other places? How much did you pay?
Since I am in IL, I am looking for something out of state, so I don't end up paying another $100 in taxes.

·
Retired Xeroid
1,071 Posts
I used an internet ad like that to deal for the extended warranty (84mo. / 85k miles, $0 ded.) DURING the purchase of my Magnum. I got it for about 15% less that the internet advertised price

Why don't you go back to YOUR dealer and see if they can beat it. At least you will throw a bone their way and the good will may come back to you.

If that doesn't work to your greater advantage you can always use the internet offer.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You see, I bought my car out of state too and saved good chunk of money :) I did e-mail my dealer, I will see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.