LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently doing a egale head swap on a 2006 5.7 charger. I swaped the pistons over to newer ones and have all the pushrods for the egale heads. Would i need to change the cam out? Would i have to get the car tuned or will it figure it self out?

·
Red trucker
1,218 Posts
Absolutely no point to swapping to eagle heads without a cam, plus unless you're putting an eagle or 392 intake manifold on it your stock 06 intake is now your choke point.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Really ? Multiple people have done testing with the pre eagle intake manifold/engines and have gotten 600+ hp out of them so how bad is the intake actually? I call bull**** , it might no flow quite as well as the eagle and the rpm range is slightly different but it’s not a terrible intake.. I myself have +\- 550 crank horsepower 2008 5.7 hemi in my charger and it uses hhp stage 3 .030 milled pre eagle ported/polished heads ,stock intake and hhp stage 3 cam … could I get more power with eagle heads & intake? Yes I’m sure I would but is it worth the money? Also why the piston swap ? Did you do it to lower the compression as a thicker head gasket would accomplish that … I’m interested in what your trying to accomplish… not bashing anyone just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really ? Multiple people have done testing with the pre eagle intake manifold/engines and have gotten 600+ hp out of them so how bad is the intake actually? I call bull**** , it might no flow quite as well as the eagle and the rpm range is slightly different but it’s not a terrible intake.. I myself have +\- 550 crank horsepower 2008 5.7 hemi in my charger and it uses hhp stage 3 .030 milled pre eagle ported/polished heads ,stock intake and hhp stage 3 cam … could I get more power with eagle heads & intake? Yes I’m sure I would but is it worth the money? Also why the piston swap ? Did you do it to lower the compression as a thicker head gasket would accomplish that … I’m interested in what your trying to accomplish… not bashing anyone just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the engine originally dropped a valve seat and i got a 2014 engine for $250 and it was hydro locked so thats why i got it for so cheap. what ever parts i have left over will be sold if anyone is interested. I currently have a Crankshat,cam and a bunch of randome hardware that can be sold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts