1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LX Padiwan
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased this Nav unit from Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200009965679

Notice condition says, "New".

Arrived today & unit looks great, but, (of course there's a "but") joystick appears to be "tweaked" not broken, but obviously off center. I've emailed the seller & tried calling the number provided to me from Paypal. But he has yet to respond. (aprox 3 1/2 hrs ago) I've also started claim w/ FedEx.

My ? is: IF I don't hear from this guy & IF after FedEx looks at it & IF they say damage was not caused by shipping, Do I have any recourse? Does this fit into Paypal's Claim Criteria (Product is signifigantly different than described. remember that "new" description?)? & since I used a VISA to purchase, could I at that time tell Visa I was defrauded? (again, a worst case scenario)

Any & all input is appreciated.

·
300C- A Demon In Gentleman's Clothing...
706 Posts
If it was truly new, you'd think that the antenna would be included. The pic shows it being full of fingerprints too.
I'd contact Ebay about it, as if this unit is not new, then it IS fraud. Not a smart seller- he could've listed it "like new". New is, still in the box, antenna included, disc still in the wrapper.

·
05 Cool Vanilla Magnum RT
4,039 Posts
Yeah... I bought a new one... it is in the Mopar box, antenna and dvd package are unopened. Also it was made in April 06..

·
It's been the Worst Day Since Yesterday
15,166 Posts
Gameboy said:
Purchased this Nav unit from Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200009965679

Notice condition says, "New".

Arrived today & unit looks great, but, (of course there's a "but") joystick appears to be "tweaked" not broken, but obviously off center. I've emailed the seller & tried calling the number provided to me from Paypal. But he has yet to respond. (aprox 3 1/2 hrs ago) I've also started claim w/ FedEx.

My ? is: IF I don't hear from this guy & IF after FedEx looks at it & IF they say damage was not caused by shipping, Do I have any recourse? Does this fit into Paypal's Claim Criteria (Product is signifigantly different than described. remember that "new" description?)? & since I used a VISA to purchase, could I at that time tell Visa I was defrauded? (again, a worst case scenario)

Any & all input is appreciated.
paypal dispute, "NOT AS DESCRIBED" start there, trust me when they yank the money from his account he'll contact you.

·
LX Newbie
157 Posts
Todd RT said:
Yeah... I bought a new one... it is in the Mopar box, antenna and dvd package are unopened. Also it was made in April 06..
Do you mind telling me how much you paid and where you got it?

I really wish I upgraded to the Navi but didn't. I have a Avic-D1 in my other car and considered transfering it over, but don't want to deal with losing Uconnect etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.