LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"The Green Machine"
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed alot of mods include putting dual zoomers on our 3.5L! All is well until I start thinking of cutting the back molding! I have mechanic's, but body man I am not! I thought of dumping the exhaust just infront of the rear tire? Does a single zoomer give the same sound, performance as two?

·
Absent From Malaise
4,553 Posts
Cutting the drivers side exit isn't as complicated as you think. A simple dremel tool and a template of the other exit can do the job in a few minutes. I have no idea what a single zoomers exhaust sounds like so I can't comment on that.

·
Now we're talking.
12,200 Posts
The single is a bit louder and the tip is a bit shorter. The duals sound deeper.

There is less restriction with a dual system over a single but I don't think there has been an apples to apples dyno compairson between dual and single Zoomers on the same engine. Once Morpheus is out I'm sure the duals will show that they are a bigger gain over the single.

·
I'll be back...someday
3,642 Posts
its been sort of assumed that duals give gains in the higher rpm range where as singles give it in the lower. who knows.

·
500hp of Techco Screwedness
2,804 Posts
RADMAG said:
Noticed alot of mods include putting dual zoomers on our 3.5L! All is well until I start thinking of cutting the back molding! I have mechanic's, but body man I am not! I thought of dumping the exhaust just infront of the rear tire? Does a single zoomer give the same sound, performance as two?
Single Zoomers is loud. Check your local Noise laws for exhaust first. I am having a hard time in my neck of woods with the single zoomers kit. Nomatter I still love my exhaust. Check out my link to hear a sound clip of the system.

·
Check your six!
1,357 Posts
Another option is to buy an R/T bumper. I had a local body shop order mine for $270 new and another $150 to paint. I then bought a set of Flowmasters, some 2.5 OD tube and went to work on the exhaust. In all I have less than $500 for a true dual set up that people have sworn it is a hemi (hence the question mark on my licence plate).

·
I'm not speeding......I'm qualifying
5,266 Posts
I don't think either exhaust is a huge gain. The single Zoomers is a slight gain in HP, but a huge gain in sound. I've gotten a lot of compliments on how my single Zoomers sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.