LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LX Guru
4,322 Posts
I have seen bi-amping a single speaker. The thing to remember is that when they say 500wrms, it's generally for both coils, so thats 250w per voice coil, if I rememeber correctly. You also need to use a common sub line and not a left and a right. We played with an ancient useless sub once to 2 amps (inputed by a Y-cord) and reversed the polariaty(sp) on the #2. Poor sub didnt know what to do besides burn up haha. Now days lots of amps have a "pass thru" RCA out to run to another amp for biamp capibility.

·
LX Padiwan
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man I was going to get some Focals but my US Amp puts out 300 at 4 ohm and 500 at 2 ohm. The focals have 300 a 4 I thought ti was going to be a perfect match.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
RiotWithin said:
Man I was going to get some Focals but my US Amp puts out 300 at 4 ohm and 500 at 2 ohm. The focals have 300 a 4 I thought ti was going to be a perfect match.
Run it at 2 ohms and allow a little headroom. Adjust the gain so that it is at a reasonable level and you probably will never see 500 watts from that amp during normal listening.

Rob

·
LX Padiwan
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See Robby is was just a matter of time before I found something I truly think will sound great, those two together should be awesome. Even though the focals only goes down to 35Hz :(

·
LX Padiwan
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
colossus3200 said:
sure....with 2
I'll have two, how do I wire it to allow a 4 ohm load on both?

Oh and Robby you never got back to me about doing a fiberglass side panel enclosure...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.