LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SRT8Soul
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test drove a weak SRT8 at the dealer , the throttle response was so slow I don`t know why and the dealer didn`t check it yet but I know that thair was a problem I felt it, the performance was so low & the car has 6000km on it ?
 

·
LX Oldtimer
Joined
·
11,692 Posts
Dealers won't (can't?) fix a car until it is sold.


Something to do with warranty work................

Bob
 

·
LX Newbie
Joined
·
5 Posts
FloridaRT said:
Dealers won't (can't?) fix a car until it is sold.

Something to do with warranty work................

Bob
that's not entirely true. Apparently my car was in for repair before I bought it, they had to replace the battery.

I guess it depends on the nature of the problem.
 

·
<==XTRP8R===
Joined
·
599 Posts
I drive a weak SRT every day. At least that's what I tell the Ford and Chevy boys... LOL!!

In truth you can teach the PCM some new manners very quickly... fastest way is to warm it up until water temp is >180 F and then stop the car, pull fuse #11 for about 20 seconds, reinsert fuse #11 and restart the car, then drive it like you stole it. It will learn very quickly and become sneaky snake fast in a hurry. This procedure kicks granny right outta the car.
 

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
Joined
·
3,450 Posts
SliverSS said:
that's not entirely true. Apparently my car was in for repair before I bought it, they had to replace the battery.

I guess it depends on the nature of the problem.
Well, there's a difference between routine maintenance (i.e. stuff they have to do so the car will run) and repair work. There's always the off chance someone like Jay Carnes will come along and say "I want that Magnum with body damage!".

Some dealer's won't even replace a battery. Back in the day, as it were, I was prowling for a trans am. I found a pace car edition on a lot. Looked great from 20' away. Interior was gutted. Salesman assured me it was a screamer as he tried repeatedly to start it.

Went on to assure me that if I came back tomorrow, he would have the battery all charged. me: "Why don't you just swap in a new battery right now" him: "oh, we can't do that".
 

·
SRT8Soul
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hogward the car that I drove was not responsive very slow when I do a WOT it takes long to perform like normal SRT8, do you really think that is a computer problem ? IF they did not fix it I will tell them about your procedure & if it works the owner will be greatfull :)
 

·
<==XTRP8R===
Joined
·
599 Posts
SRT8_Q8 said:
Hogward the car that I drove was not responsive very slow when I do a WOT it takes long to perform like normal SRT8, do you really think that is a computer problem ? IF they did not fix it I will tell them about your procedure & if it works the owner will be greatfull :)
Yes, I think the underperforming car is in granny mode because it has been driven sedately. Teaching the PCM new tricks is a quick and relatively painless procedure as described in my previous post about using fuse #11 in the engine compartment electrical box.

QUALIFIER: Of course I am assuming there were no CELs because you did not mention seeing any, nor did you describe any obvious problems other than low performance.

-Hog
 

·
LX Newbie
Joined
·
5 Posts
Hogward said:
I drive a weak SRT every day. At least that's what I tell the Ford and Chevy boys... LOL!!

In truth you can teach the PCM some new manners very quickly... fastest way is to warm it up until water temp is >180 F and then stop the car, pull fuse #11 for about 20 seconds, reinsert fuse #11 and restart the car, then drive it like you stole it. It will learn very quickly and become sneaky snake fast in a hurry. This procedure kicks granny right outta the car.
so it doesn't have the same effect if you just pull the fuse when the car is cold?
 

·
<==XTRP8R===
Joined
·
599 Posts
SliverSS said:
so it doesn't have the same effect if you just pull the fuse when the car is cold?
No. The pcm doesn't enter learning mode until the temperatures have gone up approaching normal operating temps... i.e. >180 F on water temp and oil temp.

Cold pull of fuse #11 will clear CELs and will restore the a/f and timing maps to their defaults, but it won't allow you to learn performance mode until temperatures are up.

--Hog
 

·
LX Newbie
Joined
·
5 Posts
Hogward said:
No. The pcm doesn't enter learning mode until the temperatures have gone up approaching normal operating temps... i.e. >180 F on water temp and oil temp.

Cold pull of fuse #11 will clear CELs and will restore the a/f and timing maps to their defaults, but it won't allow you to learn performance mode until temperatures are up.

--Hog
cool thanks, my buddy has been wanting to reset his mag.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top