LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
05 Cool Vanilla Magnum RT
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been meaning to ask everyone this. My 05 Magnum R/T has a weird problem, since day one. Most of the time when I open the drivers door, it kicks back shut or doesn't stay open. It's like it needs to be adjusted.

Is it possible to adjust? Or better left alone?? Does anyone else have this?? And NO I'm not parked uphill, that would be too easy!!!

·
Ka CHOW!
4,509 Posts
There are two stop points in the door. I have the same thing with my Magnum and my truck. I'm afraid there is nothing you can do but open it all the way until it stops or just to the first notch.

·
Alter ego of MyMaggieMae...
11,785 Posts
Hmmm... I'm trying to picture this. Are you saying that if you open your door (slowly) all the way, on a level surface, that it tries to close by itself? If that's the case, I'd see about trying to get that fixed. Sounds like something's not adjusted properly.

·
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not exactly, it's like the momentum of the door opening will cause it to kick back instead of sticking in one of those 2 points. (I'm not kicking it or anythign) 9/10 times, even on a level surface, it will open, then come drifting back. I suppose if I open it and hold it in one of those 2 notches, it might stay. It's just bugging me!

·
LX Padiwan
604 Posts
My wife's 2 week old '06 Grand Cherokee drivers door does this. It is quite annoying. The detents on the door limiter may need to "break in" or may need lubed. It will go back to the dealer otherwise.

·
Mr.LX Poster !
1,016 Posts
humm my 06 charger with 12,500 on it , does the same thing door does not stay open, just comes back at ya . we will have to get to the bottom of this one. its a pain , as a matter of fact I cused it out last night.

·
11,785 Posts
Todd RT said:
Not exactly, it's like the momentum of the door opening will cause it to kick back instead of sticking in one of those 2 points. (I'm not kicking it or anythign) 9/10 times, even on a level surface, it will open, then come drifting back. I suppose if I open it and hold it in one of those 2 notches, it might stay. It's just bugging me!
You've got me curious. I've never noticed this behavior on my car, but I'm going to have to check it out now.

·
Hersela
2,352 Posts
damn i love you guys. i just thought i was trippin when this would happen. like "damn, why the hell does my door keep drifting back at me" sheesh........at least now i know im not all THAT crazy....

·
LX Newbie
52 Posts
My doesn't do that, but my driver side door never seems to line up just right. When I've gotten inside and closed the door, I can look in the side mirror, and the body lines are off about a 1/4". I thought it was just mine, then drove a rental Charger that had the same problem. Anyone elses do this?

·
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well good. I'm glad I'm not the only one that cusses at my door. I'm NOT gonna have it adjusted. Cause every time I get something adjusted, it gets WORSE!! But man.. it'll piss ya' off, huh??? Especially when you don't see it coming.. then WHAM it shuts on your leg or something.

·
Mr.LX Poster !
1,016 Posts
LAMO, WELL said TODD - OUCH DAMN MO FO . as the door hits your shin/leg. I'm in the same boat not gonna mess with it just have to be ready for it for life tho....:lightsab:

·
11,785 Posts
Todd RT said:
Well good. I'm glad I'm not the only one that cusses at my door. I'm NOT gonna have it adjusted. Cause every time I get something adjusted, it gets WORSE!! But man.. it'll piss ya' off, huh??? Especially when you don't see it coming.. then WHAM it shuts on your leg or something.
I checked mine out today. I opened the door up harder than normal, letting it bounce a little off the stop, and it stayed right there. I even pushed it back and forth at full open, and it wouldn't come off the detent. My front doors have 3 detent positions, and they all seem to hold pretty well. It must be some bad parts they installed for a while during production.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.