LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Vanishing Point
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have I missed a bunch of threads, or has the Denver area gone to sleep? I see more and more LXs around here every day, but here things seem a bit quiet.

Let's think-tank another event, maybe something different. A ralleye with a group of new Mustang owners perhaps, a show of 05 and up American Muscle. This is Colorado, home of the cowboy and showdown, maybe face off against some tuners.

... tailgate party before a bronco's game?

:blah:

·
In the sea of life, we are all minnows!
108 Posts
Like you said, I am seeing more and more Magnums and Chargers too! Especially in Colorado Springs where I work. I'm getting my LXFORUM.com stickers on today. Maybe some of them will take note and check out the forum. We really need to make some NOISE!!!!!!!!

·
I'm not speeding......I'm qualifying
5,266 Posts
I'm still here. Lets plan a meet!!! Last one I set up was a lunch and cruise back in April. Had 11 cars show up. We can do better. Ideas???

·
Charger Daytona #1740
118 Posts
COLORADOMAGNUM said:
I'm still here. Lets plan a meet!!! Last one I set up was a lunch and cruise back in April. Had 11 cars show up. We can do better. Ideas???
Hey Walt! Over on the charger forum there was an attempt to do a M&G/Cruise in CoSprgs. One suggestion was to meet and cruise Garden of the Gods. I suggested a late summer (before the weather turns) cruise up the Pikes Peak Highway. However we had no responses to either suggestion.

What do you think? Or is the thought of the last 10 miles being graded rubble/dirt too much to worry about (paint chips, etc)? If so, what about Mt. Evans Highway?

·
108 Posts
What about a meet in Colorado Springs and cruise Highway 115 to Canon City to the Holy Cross Abby, then head out Highway 50 to Salida area? Beautiful Drive!

·
5,266 Posts
eye4neye said:
What about a meet in Colorado Springs and cruise Highway 115 to Canon City to the Holy Cross Abby, then head out Highway 50 to Salida area? Beautiful Drive!
I'm not as familiar with this area as you are. But one drive I've always enjoyed was the drive to the Royal Gorge.

·
5,266 Posts
CO-Charger said:
Hey Walt! Over on the charger forum there was an attempt to do a M&G/Cruise in CoSprgs. One suggestion was to meet and cruise Garden of the Gods. I suggested a late summer (before the weather turns) cruise up the Pikes Peak Highway. However we had no responses to either suggestion.

What do you think? Or is the thought of the last 10 miles being graded rubble/dirt too much to worry about (paint chips, etc)? If so, what about Mt. Evans Highway?
Garden of the Gods is awesome. If we do high mountains (Pikes, Evans), we need to do it soon. The weather will get crappy pretty soon up that high.

·
Vanishing Point
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like we have some momentum going! I am in San Diego this week; can anyone reseach any local events such as car shows, music fests, street fests, carnivals, etc? I think it would be cool to do an awesome road run as described, then end up somehere where something is happening, where there is a crowd.

·
5,266 Posts
There are a couple of burger joints in the Denver area that have weekly car shows that I know about. I'll do some additional research and see if I can find more events.

·
108 Posts
Check out this page. In Salida Colorado, Saturday Aug. 26th, There is an event called *15th Annual Angel Shavano Car Show.* I'm new to the area and I don't know anything about this. I know the drive through Big Horn Sheep Canyon is beautiful.It would be awesome! Check it out! What do you think? My husband I and I would love to meet new people who love there cars too! http://www.coloradoheadwaters.com/index.cfm

·
5,266 Posts
I work 8AM to 1PM every other Saturday, and unfortunately, that is my Saturday to work. My wife and I would love a drive south, to meet new friends. We just can't do it that weekend. I have my company picnic the following day also (Sunday, the 27th). I'll see if I can find anything else in the area.

·
LX Newbie
117 Posts
Hey Walt, You might check out Jims Burger Haven. I think they are planning a car show sometime soon at the location on 78th & Sheridan. If I'm by there I'll check and see.

nevermind, It's this Sunday at their Thornton location. That's probably too soon to put anything together. I would be up for this if anyone else is.

·
5,266 Posts
fitzmag said:
Hey Walt, You might check out Jims Burger Haven. I think they are planning a car show sometime soon at the location on 78th & Sheridan. If I'm by there I'll check and see.

nevermind, It's this Sunday at their Thornton location. That's probably too soon to put anything together. I would be up for this if anyone else is.
I am fairly open this Sunday. Might just be you and me for a mini meet. Give me a call!!!

·
5,266 Posts
It's a suburb on the north side of Denver. Probably about a three hour drive from Canon City.

·
108 Posts
Hey... check out this site. www.belvedererestaurant.com Belvedere Blues Festival #7. Sept.8,9,10. Sounds fun. They have blues bands scheduled to play. There is a *Toy Run* and a *Blues Cruise* with classic and custom car ride and show. This is in Canon City. Anyone interested?

·
Vanishing Point
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
eye4neye said:
Hey... check out this site. www.belvedererestaurant.com Belvedere Blues Festival #7. Sept.8,9,10. Sounds fun. They have blues bands scheduled to play. There is a *Toy Run* and a *Blues Cruise* with classic and custom car ride and show. This is in Canon City. Anyone interested?
DENVER! I am traveling August 25 - Sept 2, off the 3&4. This event sounds fantastic, but my girlfriend is taking me away the weekend of the 9th to celebrate my b-day :banana:. After that, I am good for the rest of Sept.

·
LX Newbie
117 Posts
Hey Walt, sorry I didn't call. Had something come up at the last minute. Anyway, I'm up for a G2G if it works around my schedule. I'll keep checking back to see what comes of this.

·
5,266 Posts
No problem, John. I am really busy this weekend, but not so much next weekend. That's Labor Day weekend, but I'm fairly open Sunday and Monday. Even late on Saturday. Let's do this!!!

·
LX Newbie
117 Posts
I will be out of town over Labor Day weekend but will be back that Sunday. Maybe Monday(labor day)?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.