LX Forums Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Wheel and tire setup?
305/35/20 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's in the rear aired down to 25psi, track mode, traction 100% (hold the traction control button down til it says full off), rev up to 1900-2200 rpms, and 75% throttle off the line, then punch it. I do this with my '18 Charger Daytona 392 and pull consistent 3.8-4.2 0-60's. Bone stock other than the Indy's and on the street as well

'18 Charger Daytona 392
Bone stock
Mishimoto catch-can, TaZer, Driver mod

Reactions: BorisGT

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I don’t think the ‘19’s are tuned any different, other than a different exhaust. I’ve raced a few here and on both rolls and digs we’re pretty dead even. It all comes down to whose the better driver with the better launch. I’m not saying the Pirellis on the ‘19s are good but I think “maybe” they tweaked something in the suspension to help it launch better. I’m not sure. I’ve been researching but I haven’t come across anything new yet

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't think the '19's are tuned any different, other than a different exhaust. I've raced a few here and on both rolls and digs we're pretty dead even. It all comes down to whose the better driver with the better launch. I'm not saying the Pirellis on the '19s are good but I think "maybe" they tweaked something in the suspension to help it launch better. I'm not sure. I've been researching but I haven't come across anything new yet

Well the 19s did get the "adaptive suspension" from the discontinued SRT 392.......maybe that could be it?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
I suspect the Pirelli summers are way sticker than my gy all seasons or even the dws06. Perhaps enough so to get 0.3 seconds better times.
If I recall I think it had AS pirellis...

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Well the 19s did get the "adaptive suspension" from the discontinued SRT 392.......maybe that could be it? Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
very possible... suspension change could help shift weight to help... the motor and drivetrain is identical and I suspect the weight of the vehicles didn't change either... it's always baffled me how my 19 was as much as .3 faster... I also thought maybe I got better as a driver but that went out the window with my challenger as I'm back to 4.4-4.5 best time and that's with summer 305's.. which by the way, don't help or make any difference in my opinion... not when it comes to straight line traction anyways...my current tires are the cooper summer's (don't recall the model off hand) but they gave zero improvement over the stock pirelli's that came on the widebody...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
very possible... suspension change could help shift weight to help... the motor and drivetrain is identical and I suspect the weight of the vehicles didn't change either... it's always baffled me how my 19 was as much as .3 faster... I also thought maybe I got better as a driver but that went out the window with my challenger as I'm back to 4.4-4.5 best time and that's with summer 305's.. which by the way, don't help or make any difference in my opinion... not when it comes to straight line traction anyways...my current tires are the cooper summer's (don't recall the model off hand) but they gave zero improvement over the stock pirelli's that came on the widebody...
From what I've read and researched on the Cooper's, they aren't that great for our cars. There's quite a few summer tires out there that will get the 392's off the line ie: Michelin Pilot Super Sport/4s, Indy 500's, Toyo R888R, Nitto's. Can't remember all the specific ones but those are a few. The cheapest are the Indy's at $250/tire for the 305's. Getting it off the line just takes a lot of practice and throttle control. Launch control restricts the wheel spin and will get you down to a 4.5 but nothing too much better than that. With adaptive suspension it could be around the 4.2-4.3 area on the street, not sure about the track tho. The stock Pirelli's just make our cars smokescreens or drift cars. They are good tires for handling on the front but not for traction off the line. As tested tho the '19's are good for a 4.2 0-60 stock and my '18 Daytona is good for 4.4 0-60 like I've posted I've done a 3.8 a couple times, a few 3.9 & 4.0 and a lot of 4.1-4.3's so who knows what a '19 could do

'18 Charger Daytona 392
Bone stock

Reactions: Heat00

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Heat did you '19 have the optional suspension? It wasn't standard.
Good question... I think I have the sticker I'm going to look as I don't recall... was it part of a package as I believe I had dynamics. And I'm pretty sure my challenger has it part of the widebody package, if so, it ain't helping lol

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yea your WB has it included. It's optional on a narrow body Charger like your '19.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Yea your WB has it included. It's optional on a narrow body Charger like your '19. Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
you are correct, just looked at both stickers.. 19 charger did not have it, 19 WB challey does. that's odd because it doesn't seem to help unless I'm not setting something correctly as my challey can't break 4.4.as for the tire comment above... I have not found ANY difference in any of the tires I've had on my 4 scat packs, which include all 4 sets of OEM (3 pirelli (2 all season and 1 summer) and 1 GY), or the 2 sets of Indys, 2 sets of General Gmax's, the set of contis, or the cooper summers I have now. all summers have only lasted about 13-14k EXCEPT the current coopers which have about 10k on them and somehow still about 5-6/32... none got traction. granted I have not tried michellins but with the summers not lasting long and the fact that for work I drive through some bad areas (bad meaning construction type sites) I get lots of nails so it's hard to spend double on tires lol....the indy's were decent but for 305's they are expensive and they did not show me that they were any better than any other (summer) tire i've tried. again, no science here just my experience with some miles under my belt

·
Registered
4,572 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Reactions: Heat00

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Interesting ...Only downside is the 4000$ per wheel price lol?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey guys just wondering what is the altitude y'all are at? Where I have done my runs I am 2800. Can't get below 4.5 still workin out driver kinks need to tune some more lmao. My last pull I got a 4.6 it was close to 90 at that time. Was hoping to get one more shot while the temps were in the 50's but

These cars are very interesting to launch absolutely no doubt, the weight transfer is insane. What kind of tire pressures you running when you get these lower times? That and I gotta try again with closer to 1/8-1/4 tank of gas lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
From what I've read and researched on the Cooper's, they aren't that great for our cars. There's quite a few summer tires out there that will get the 392's off the line ie: Michelin Pilot Super Sport/4s, Indy 500's, Toyo R888R, Nitto's. Can't remember all the specific ones but those are a few. The cheapest are the Indy's at $250/tire for the 305's. Getting it off the line just takes a lot of practice and throttle control. Launch control restricts the wheel spin and will get you down to a 4.5 but nothing too much better than that. With adaptive suspension it could be around the 4.2-4.3 area on the street, not sure about the track tho. The stock Pirelli's just make our cars smokescreens or drift cars. They are good tires for handling on the front but not for traction off the line. As tested tho the '19's are good for a 4.2 0-60 stock and my '18 Daytona is good for 4.4 0-60 like I've posted I've done a 3.8 a couple times, a few 3.9 & 4.0 and a lot of 4.1-4.3's so who knows what a '19 could do

'18 Charger Daytona 392
Bone stock
I’m new here but I’m in my fourth scatpack. First 3 scatpack bone stock no bells and whistles. The third sp I passed to my wife. Been bone stock I’m seen the numbers y’all putting out on 0-60 I’m not trying to upset y’all but my fastest states 2.9 best time. Keep in my bone stock tires rims 20x9 pizzas. The fourth sp is a 392 Daytona bells and whistles. Off the gate the suspension is way different and even behaves better upon punching it. Both are 2020. Haven’t done no pills on the Daytona 392 but ima take pics pretty soon of performance pages and times so y’all don’t think I’m with the 🧢🧢

·
Super Moderator
5,327 Posts
I’m new here but I’m in my fourth scatpack. First 3 scatpack bone stock no bells and whistles. The third sp I passed to my wife. Been bone stock I’m seen the numbers y’all putting out on 0-60 I’m not trying to upset y’all but my fastest states 2.9 best time. Keep in my bone stock tires rims 20x9 pizzas. The fourth sp is a 392 Daytona bells and whistles. Off the gate the suspension is way different and even behaves better upon punching it. Both are 2020. Haven’t done no pills on the Daytona 392 but ima take pics pretty soon of performance pages and times so y’all don’t think I’m with the
I'm calling horse sht. Plain and simple. Hellcats don't do 2.9 second 0-60, and my 850hp Scat on slicks only does it in 2.8, so no, you didn't do that.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
It's worth mentioning that you can get false low 0-60 times with the wheels spinning and the car thinking it's going 60mph until it actually hooks and bogs down & the speedometer comes back to reality.
There's some Hellcats that show 0-60 in 1.9 or whatever, but that's just spinning and not accurate

21 - 40 of 43 Posts