LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm wondering since I've had my Daytona 392, are the Daytona's and Scat Pack's tuned differently from the factory? Even the slightest bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think so brother. As a matter of fact, I believe that a base scatpack might have the slightest edge over a Daytona because of the added weight of the moonroof, adaptive cruise control and heated/ventilated seats. The only thing I could think of power wise would be the mopar intake but honestly that's probably more but dyno than anything.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Ok because I've raced quite a few SP's and have done extremely well over them (stock for stock) and some slightly modded. But I don't have a sunroof or adaptive cruise control but I do have heated and cooled seats tho. The reason I ask is because with only adding 305/35/20 Indy 500 tires I've been able to get a 3.8 0-60 and record 12.4 1/4 mile pass @ 113-114 (all on the street) and this is according to the pages in the car. I know the pages aren't extremely accurate (as I've heard) but still considering tho I think that's doing ok, right?

'18 Charger Daytona 392
Bone stock
Mishimoto catch an, TaZer, Driver mod

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just added 305s myself but I haven't raced anyone. Where these races from a dig or a roll? That would make a lot of sense seeing how 245 tires wouldn't be able to hook at all. You said you have a tazer yea? Full on track mode does give the pedal more sensitivity too.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I do both but since I don't have any power adding mods rolls I lose on the top end. The Indy's hook up perfectly fine just hard to maintain that gap against lighter, faster, and modded cars. Yea I have a TaZer and I use track mode mainly on all my dog runs w/ traction 100% off. I feel like the pedal has more response and sensitivity but nothing major tho.

'18 Charger Daytona 392
Bone stock

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle

'18 Charger Daytona 392
Bone stock

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No difference in terms of performance. The Mopar intake is just for looks. Compare it's design with a LMI one (the only CAI that actually shows gains at the track) and you will see why. As for your times, C&D has posted 12.4 in their testing on a stock 245 summer tire car. So the 1/4 isn't hard to believe at all. Your 0-60 is better, but switching to a 305 Indy probably accounts for that. You probably just have right touch launching, which is why you do well. Go put it on the track and see what you can do on a prepped surface.

Also who said the timers were inaccurate? I've not seen any one who has used them at the track come up with more than a tenth or two difference (usually the timer being slower than actual). I know I used mine on 4 passes last time at the track and it was on the money or a tenth higher than actual.
I think my Mopar CAI is doing something because on my performance pages I've seen 503 hp and consistently around 500 crank hp on the dyno pages so I'll have to do more digging on that. I wish I had a track to test it but out here in Hawai'i ain't too much I can do. I know at the track I could pull much better times but one day I'll see.

But I've heard from plenty of people saying the 0-60, 1/8 mile, and 1/4 mile trackers in the car wasn't 100% accurate but when I recorded my 0-60 timer in the car with my phone it seemed pretty damn accurate. Thank for the info man.

'18 Charger Daytona 392
Bone stock
Mishimoto catch-can, TaZer, Driver mod

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok cool. Well I’ll have to look into more, possibly get it on a dyno to know for sure what’s at the wheel and not the crank. I guess it’s hard to know for sure since I race Scat Pack’s with mods and I think I’ve only raced 2 stock ones but from a dig and I beat them both. But the air out here in Hawai’i is pretty good from what I’ve seen so maybe that holds some truth to it.

Reactions: SuperSound

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The data displayed on the HP gauge has to be a calculated value based on vehicle weight & speed/time since there is no measuring equipment such as a dyno connected to the car or engine. It's a rough figure. I've had other cars on dynos but not the SP, but I understand different makes of dynos do give different results. IOW it's still a rough figure. Here on some online calculators which provide figures that approximate a 392 Charger's horsepower.

Engine Motor Horsepower Estimate From Elapsed Time Calculator
Engine Horsepower Calculator From Elapsed Time: Quarter Mile Drag Race

Engine Motor Horsepower Estimate From Trap Speed Calculator
Engine Horsepower Calculator From Trap Speed: Quarter Mile Drag Race Speed

This one calculates flywheel HP and wheel HP, and it's a 10% loss according to their figures.
Horsepower Calculator From 1/4 Mile Stats
Wallace Racing HP Calculator For 1/4 Mile
Oh ****, I didn't know all of that. I appreciate that info man

'18 Charger Daytona 392
Bone stock

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Driver mod is the most effective I have seen on these cars, next to DRs! Trying to launch on my 245 A/S tires has taught me the definition of insanity lol.
Oh yea those 245 must be giving you hell trying to launch them! How are you doing with them and what has your best times been

'18 Charger Daytona 392
Bone stock

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Wheel and tire setup?
305/35/20 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's in the rear aired down to 25psi, track mode, traction 100% (hold the traction control button down til it says full off), rev up to 1900-2200 rpms, and 75% throttle off the line, then punch it. I do this with my '18 Charger Daytona 392 and pull consistent 3.8-4.2 0-60's. Bone stock other than the Indy's and on the street as well

'18 Charger Daytona 392
Bone stock

Reactions: BorisGT

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I don’t think the ‘19’s are tuned any different, other than a different exhaust. I’ve raced a few here and on both rolls and digs we’re pretty dead even. It all comes down to whose the better driver with the better launch. I’m not saying the Pirellis on the ‘19s are good but I think “maybe” they tweaked something in the suspension to help it launch better. I’m not sure. I’ve been researching but I haven’t come across anything new yet

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
very possible... suspension change could help shift weight to help... the motor and drivetrain is identical and I suspect the weight of the vehicles didn't change either... it's always baffled me how my 19 was as much as .3 faster... I also thought maybe I got better as a driver but that went out the window with my challenger as I'm back to 4.4-4.5 best time and that's with summer 305's.. which by the way, don't help or make any difference in my opinion... not when it comes to straight line traction anyways...my current tires are the cooper summer's (don't recall the model off hand) but they gave zero improvement over the stock pirelli's that came on the widebody...
From what I've read and researched on the Cooper's, they aren't that great for our cars. There's quite a few summer tires out there that will get the 392's off the line ie: Michelin Pilot Super Sport/4s, Indy 500's, Toyo R888R, Nitto's. Can't remember all the specific ones but those are a few. The cheapest are the Indy's at $250/tire for the 305's. Getting it off the line just takes a lot of practice and throttle control. Launch control restricts the wheel spin and will get you down to a 4.5 but nothing too much better than that. With adaptive suspension it could be around the 4.2-4.3 area on the street, not sure about the track tho. The stock Pirelli's just make our cars smokescreens or drift cars. They are good tires for handling on the front but not for traction off the line. As tested tho the '19's are good for a 4.2 0-60 stock and my '18 Daytona is good for 4.4 0-60 like I've posted I've done a 3.8 a couple times, a few 3.9 & 4.0 and a lot of 4.1-4.3's so who knows what a '19 could do

'18 Charger Daytona 392
Bone stock

Reactions: Heat00
1 - 11 of 11 Posts