LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
of my 4 scat packs owned (one was a 2018 daytona), they all performed fairly closely with exception of my 2019 charger scat, bone stock ran 4.2's all the time. the other 3 never break 4.4 or 4.5 including my current challenger wide body, regardless of what tire is on including the 305's on my WB... still slower than my 19 scat.

Reactions: futureofvegas

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Interesting....why do you think the 19 charger ran the fastest????Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I don't know, I do believe (just from my ears) that the exhaust was definitely a different tone than my 16 and 18 but not sure it had anything to do with horsepower. everything else was exactly the same, same performance pages, track mode, etc.....again, nothing scientific here but I did run a lot of test runs on the same exact street near the house in the same conditions (it's a closed, abandoned old highway). maybe it was just a "monday" build and everything was just perfect or perhaps just that set of tires was particularly good.. although I doubt it as I ran the 4.2's mostly on the stock pirellis which didn't seem great to me.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Did the 19 come with a special tune on the performance pages?:stir:For some reason, the 19 Scat hooked better. More power is not the answer until 30 or 40 mph where the 245s have a chance to start hooking at wot.
no... see my above response... agreed it didn't have more power it must have been that set of tires somehow.. although the exhast WAS a different sound compared to my 16 and 18 so perhaps it had some small tweak of something... who knows.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I suspect the Pirelli summers are way sticker than my gy all seasons or even the dws06. Perhaps enough so to get 0.3 seconds better times.
If I recall I think it had AS pirellis...

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Well the 19s did get the "adaptive suspension" from the discontinued SRT 392.......maybe that could be it? Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
very possible... suspension change could help shift weight to help... the motor and drivetrain is identical and I suspect the weight of the vehicles didn't change either... it's always baffled me how my 19 was as much as .3 faster... I also thought maybe I got better as a driver but that went out the window with my challenger as I'm back to 4.4-4.5 best time and that's with summer 305's.. which by the way, don't help or make any difference in my opinion... not when it comes to straight line traction anyways...my current tires are the cooper summer's (don't recall the model off hand) but they gave zero improvement over the stock pirelli's that came on the widebody...

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Heat did you '19 have the optional suspension? It wasn't standard.
Good question... I think I have the sticker I'm going to look as I don't recall... was it part of a package as I believe I had dynamics. And I'm pretty sure my challenger has it part of the widebody package, if so, it ain't helping lol

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Yea your WB has it included. It's optional on a narrow body Charger like your '19. Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
you are correct, just looked at both stickers.. 19 charger did not have it, 19 WB challey does. that's odd because it doesn't seem to help unless I'm not setting something correctly as my challey can't break 4.4.as for the tire comment above... I have not found ANY difference in any of the tires I've had on my 4 scat packs, which include all 4 sets of OEM (3 pirelli (2 all season and 1 summer) and 1 GY), or the 2 sets of Indys, 2 sets of General Gmax's, the set of contis, or the cooper summers I have now. all summers have only lasted about 13-14k EXCEPT the current coopers which have about 10k on them and somehow still about 5-6/32... none got traction. granted I have not tried michellins but with the summers not lasting long and the fact that for work I drive through some bad areas (bad meaning construction type sites) I get lots of nails so it's hard to spend double on tires lol....the indy's were decent but for 305's they are expensive and they did not show me that they were any better than any other (summer) tire i've tried. again, no science here just my experience with some miles under my belt

·
Registered
4,587 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Interesting ...Only downside is the 4000$ per wheel price lol?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I'm tempted to try out the cat 0-60 and 1/4 mile but so far traction, or the lack thereof, makes the scat feel like it's 4WD LOL.... I hope one day I can take my son to one of the tracks with both cars to see what happens. I have no idea how to get this thing out of the hole quickly, it just wants to spin always...

I bet I can't get a better time than my scat's 4.2 simply because of traction... but one thing is for sure, I'm going to give it a try soon as I have time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts