LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
No difference in terms of performance. The Mopar intake is just for looks. Compare it's design with a LMI one (the only CAI that actually shows gains at the track) and you will see why. As for your times, C&D has posted 12.4 in their testing on a stock 245 summer tire car. So the 1/4 isn't hard to believe at all. Your 0-60 is better, but switching to a 305 Indy probably accounts for that. You probably just have right touch launching, which is why you do well. Go put it on the track and see what you can do on a prepped surface.

Also who said the timers were inaccurate? I've not seen any one who has used them at the track come up with more than a tenth or two difference (usually the timer being slower than actual). I know I used mine on 4 passes last time at the track and it was on the money or a tenth higher than actual.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I think my Mopar CAI is doing something because on my performance pages I've seen 503 hp and consistently around 500 crank hp on the dyno pages so I'll have to do more digging on that. I wish I had a track to test it but out here in Hawai'i ain't too much I can do. I know at the track I could pull much better times but one day I'll see.

But I've heard from plenty of people saying the 0-60, 1/8 mile, and 1/4 mile trackers in the car wasn't 100% accurate but when I recorded my 0-60 timer in the car with my phone it seemed pretty damn accurate. Thank for the info man.

'18 Charger Daytona 392
Bone stock
Mishimoto catch-can, TaZer, Driver mod
Now the HP gauge is another story. Guys have posted screens showing 500+ before. I have pics of mine showing over 450hp in 90 degree humid NC weather. Wish it had a peak recording, since I'm sure mine has gone above 500 at some point too. Remember our cars are SAE rated. So they produce within 1% (maybe 2, can't remember) of their advertised number. SAE testing is more brutal than real life, so look at it as a minimum number (likely heat soaked). So it's not the Mopar intake. It is likely a case of a good air.

Reactions: 392WLCHR

·
Registered
954 Posts
Driver mod is the most effective I have seen on these cars, next to DRs! Trying to launch on my 245 A/S tires has taught me the definition of insanity lol.

Reactions: 2_Black

·
Registered
954 Posts
Yea your WB has it included. It's optional on a narrow body Charger like your '19.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts