LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Havent been here in some time, was not expecting the forum to be this redone! Almost got lost trying to find my way back to the 1st gen stuff.

So Im currently in the market for replacement headlamp housings. These days everything i find says its for a 300C but says something like "(Do not fit models with factory Xenon HID headlights ". There are so many cool looking options still, but seems none of them will work.
For example HID Combo 05-10 Chrysler 300C Replacement Projector Headlights - Black
Does anyone know if this is a harness/power issue? Or if there tends to be a physical difference in the housing where the bulb fits in, between the two options? I want to keep my projectors, but my current ones have for sure seen better days, one of them no longer has adjustment due to corrosion.
I the style of the originals have really grown on me over the years, but if i can find them id like to replace them with fully blacked out ones ( no chrome at all ).

So just wondering if anyone knows of any drop in replacements that would work for my situation

2005 300C 5.7l

Per my build sheet:
LMGS Automatic Headlamps
LMP High Intensity Discharge Headlamps
LNJS Fog Lamps
MFPS Chrome Headlamp Bezels

· Registered
2007 300c SRT Design - Brilliant Black
75 Posts
It's an easy swap, just get the pigtails for your bulb type. The white wire with red stripe is positive.
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

· Registered
2020 300s 5.7 Alloy Edition
149 Posts
It's an easy swap, just get the pigtails for your bulb type. The white wire with red stripe is positive.

For the first time ever, I cleaned up some really foggy headlamp covers. 2010 Mazda 6. No pics unfortunately. Very pleased with the outcome - Auto Zone stated this was the best product that didn't require power tools. The Mazda 6's lenses were far foggier than those depicted in the video. 2 hours minimum in perfect weather.

· Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's an easy swap, just get the pigtails for your bulb type. The white wire with red stripe is positive. View attachment 92144

Thanks for the info!

So I was actually able to get the driver side adjuster screw working again and I ended up getting some new 6000k bulbs and my god I can actually see!
However, I noticed when pulled up to a wall, the light pattern is different on both sides. One side looks inverted. So after investigating I realized the passenger side has the wire up, driver side is wire down. The manual says the wire should be down so I tried to flip it, but then realized the entire part the bulb seats into is upside down! The bulbs are keyed with a notched opposite of the wire, and the bulb seat has a corresponding bump.

Originally I got these housings from a member here quite a few years ago because I had a bird strike on the highway that broke through the driver side lens. And that the replacement driver side housing was damaged in shipping. The back of the housing had a forklift fork go into it, but i fixed it with a ton of epoxy and fiber glass mesh. With that said, it's the passenger side that seems to be inverted, so I got no clue what happened there.

So does anyone happen to know if both sides should be the same direction, and have the wire down?

Each cone in the housing for the low beams is held in with an allen head screw in all 4 corners, so once i figure out what direction is correct, im just going to try and flip them around with the housing still in the car.

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper

Automotive tire Wood Grey Asphalt Font

Automotive tire Product Sports gear Gas Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Tread Rim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts