LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
LX Padiwan
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right, not your's, only Mom's or Dad's rides:

My Dad: 1966 Chevelle SS (Husrt super t-10 4 speed, Black on Black w/ a LS-6 454 Crate motor)

(Not actually Dad's car. '67 model shown, closest resemblance I could find.)

My Mom: 1969 Pontiac GTO (gold w/ black vinyl top, stocked out automatic w/ stall converter.)

(again not actually Mom's car)

·
get busy living, or....
289 Posts
that's easy 65' GTO 389 tri power bored 30 over with a mild cam.....if it wasn't for that car i wouldn't be here "if ya know what i mean"

·
Dude, Where's my LX!?!?
4,291 Posts
Dad's Mitsubishi Diamante.....oh the coolest:loser:
In my lifetime I would have to say his 3 ton '91 Crown Vic ex-FBI car with a N/A Winsor 351 and Holly racing carb!! He pegged the Certified Calibrated speedo at 140 MPH racing a brand new mercedes and was still accelerating!!!!!

·
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
559 Posts
I dont have photos to post here at home, so I used google image to find similar pics..

grandma's coolest ride: (alfa spider, anthrazit black)

grandpa: (white countach, traded in for a porche later.. grrrrr)

mom's ride (lol) yellow (yes, yellow) opel corsa

dad: dune buggy.. he was founder of the swiss buggy club back in the, uhmm, early 70ies I guess..

·
LX Guru
14,153 Posts
My dad had a 57 Chevy 2 tone green. What I remember best was, it had a very good factory AM radio, and you could get stations from all over the country, it seemed.

·
Hersela
2,352 Posts
my mom's Iroc Z-28

Not my mom's, but her's was white. Damn that thing was fast!

·
Premium Member
26,921 Posts
Dad: 1959 Cadillac Fleetwood.

Mom: 1964 Buick Electra

Both were huge luxurious tanks and both went like hell.

Father-in-law: Super Bee!

·
Ka CHOW!
4,509 Posts
What a great thread. To bad I was raised by conservative types.

Dad had a Mavrick and then a Gremlin. Mom had some sort of Ford wagon that was red with a red interior.

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Sorry guys, but

Gameboy said:
That's right, not your's, only Mom's or Dad's rides:

My Dad: 1966 Chevelle SS (Husrt super t-10 4 speed, Black on Black w/ a LS-6 454 Crate motor)

(Not actually Dad's car. '67 model shown, closest resemblance I could find.)

My Mom: 1969 Pontiac GTO (gold w/ black vinyl top, stocked out automatic w/ stall converter.)

(again not actually Mom's car)
I'M THE DAD. IN FACT I'M OLD ENOUGH TO BE YOUR DAD.

SO If my sons were writing this (who are closer to your age) here is what they'd put in, complete with the picture of the 2 of them when 4 and 6 in t one of the shots.

1969 DART GTS 340 with 6 pak 4 speed (Me in the front at age 20)

1972 340 DEMON with 375HP worked motor 727 torquelfite redone by Fairbanks Transmission.
Chasb

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Have I got a sad story for you all:

My mom and dad both had Mustangs.
My Dad -- '67
My Mom -- '64 1/2, yes, a '64 1/2

What did they do with them? Well, I'll tell you. They took both their cars, went to a dealership, and traded them both in to get 1 cargo van. If only I still talked to them I would know how much that sucks!

·
LX Newbie
38 Posts
1965 Lemans 2 door, silver, black roof and interior with hurst 4 speed. Remember picking it up new (we ordered it) $3,200. We never had a v8 so after we got dad to agree (us 4 boys called the other engines rubber band engines) to it he said he got to pick the rear end. Well friends Olds 88 would get us off the line but top end was greater then we were willing to take it to.

The other one was a Monti Carlo, 1970 I think, the first year. Same color combination but automatic. Both were beautiful cars that had character.

·
Mag-niac
439 Posts
This isn't my parents' car, but it belonged to my second cousin. I thought it was the coolest car in the family! (and yeah, that's me.)

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
When my parent started dating my dad drove an orange '69 Dodge Dart (which is why we were trying to find them one for their 30th anniversary/50th B-days this year...)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.