LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
when am I done being a newbie?
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Considering Alberta

I''m new here but i've noticed that all the Canadian meet and greets are in the eastern part of the country. Correct me if i'm out to lunch please.
Regarding that topic I've been debating a posibble meet and greet in Alberta, I just don't know if there is enough interest. Again please correct me if I'm missing some info on the past get togethers.

So here's what I'm thinking if there is enough interest according to this thread, maybe something will arise. With the right people and organizational skills I think we could get together and have an outstanding time!!

Please inform me of some ideas on a date, for it is getting late in the season and we should be prompt to consider all options thax.

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l260/magram/

·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Finally a response, lol. Hey rufwon I'm from Lethbridge. Tentatively we are talking Sept. 9 & 10th in Lethbridge. Again, this is depending on the response I get. Feel free to spread the word.
Here's a few ideas of what possibly could be happening.
:beerchug:

Oh how did that get there?

1. We have a great park right in the middle of the city, a great place to meet.

2. Possible show and shine ( depending on reponse)

3. The cruise strip through town is fantastic with minimal traffic.

4. 1 and 1/2 hour drive to the closest 1/4 mile track ( just starting to look into that)

5. Or just enjoy the day and b.s. and have a few:beerchug:

·
First AWD LX in the 12's N/A
8,067 Posts
I think that M&G's are great any place you can have them, just remember to take lots of pics, and post 'em up.

I think most of the meets are located East of you is symply demographics, more population there, so better chance of finding other LXr's who share the same passion.

GO FOR IT GUYS, and share the pics.

·
LX Padiwan
404 Posts
magram said:
Finally a response, lol. Hey rufwon I'm from Lethbridge. Tentatively we are talking Sept. 9 & 10th in Lethbridge. Again, this is depending on the response I get. Feel free to spread the word.
Here's a few ideas of what possibly could be happening.
:beerchug:

Oh how did that get there?

1. We have a great park right in the middle of the city, a great place to meet.

2. Possible show and shine ( depending on reponse)

3. The cruise strip through town is fantastic with minimal traffic.

4. 1 and 1/2 hour drive to the closest 1/4 mile track ( just starting to look into that)

5. Or just enjoy the day and b.s. and have a few:beerchug:
Hey is it true that I can get free on street parking with my veterans plates? I may have to come just for that. LOL. The last time I was in Lethbridge was when Lethbidge Pil was still being brewed and I had to many, but that was a million years ago.

·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mikeyjohn said:
Hey is it true that I can get free on street parking with my veterans plates? I may have to come just for that. LOL. The last time I was in Lethbridge was when Lethbidge Pil was still being brewed and I had to many, but that was a million years ago.
We can still arrange some pil if you need it, I might have some in my Grandpa's fridge. lol:thumbs_u:

·
CDXXVI
557 Posts
I think it's a great idea, and I'd be up for it except for the dates. I'm flying to Pheonix on holidays around Sept 8.

·
Cretinous yahoo
1,214 Posts
The former site of the Pilsner Brewery is now the property the Canadian Automobile Association occupies. Something weird about that...just not sure what...

·
LX Newbie
3 Posts
magram said:
I''m new here but i've noticed that all the Canadian meet and greets are in the eastern part of the country. Correct me if i'm out to lunch please.
Regarding that topic I've been debating a posibble meet and greet in Alberta, I just don't know if there is enough interest. Again please correct me if I'm missing some info on the past get togethers.

So here's what I'm thinking if there is enough interest according to this thread, maybe something will arise. With the right people and organizational skills I think we could get together and have an outstanding time!!

Please inform me of some ideas on a date, for it is getting late in the season and we should be prompt to consider all options thax.

Yeah...I'm there man! Just let me know when and where. Lethbridge is fine...I'm in Calgary.

Tapout

·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the forum tapout! glad to see you got my message.
Still waiting to see how much more interest we get from the thread.
But as soon as I know you'll know.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I'm in...I'd have to check the dates though. I believe that September weekend I'll be in Toronto (which, I'm sorry Eastern'ers, I am not very fond of). However, it's business, and you do what ya gotta!

Anyways, I'd love to meet more magnum owners in Alberta...so lets work on this.

·
The Communicator
295 Posts
I am from Edmonton and the Sept weekend is a no go for me as well.

I will be away on Military activities all the month of Sept. I wont be back until the 2 week in Oct.

But all the month of August I am here.

As for Easterners. Sorry Ontario is not down east. That title belongs to the maritimes. Although from your perspective ontario is east. lol

·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Identity Crisis said:
I am from Edmonton and the Sept weekend is a no go for me as well.

I will be away on Military activities all the month of Sept. I wont be back until the 2 week in Oct.

But all the month of August I am here.

As for Easterners. Sorry Ontario is not down east. That title belongs to the maritimes. Although from your perspective ontario is east. lol
Thanx for the info maybe August will work better for people say 19th or 20th
or 26th, 27th. I feel a poll coming on.

·
CDXXVI
557 Posts
End of August would work for me, October might be a little late north of the 49th.
Say Identity Crisis weren't you trying to get a meet & greet going up here in the Edmonton area a couple of months back? I just joined the forum about two weeks ago but I'd be glad to check out your ride and have a coffee together sometime.

·
The Communicator
295 Posts
Chuse2muse said:
End of August would work for me, October might be a little late north of the 49th.
Say Identity Crisis weren't you trying to get a meet & greet going up here in the Edmonton area a couple of months back? I just joined the forum about two weeks ago but I'd be glad to check out your ride and have a coffee together sometime.
Yup sure did. I had the BIG 0 for responses though.

Yeah I would be up for a coffee and a chat. have done nothing to speak of other then vent visors to the car for anyone to want to check out.

But I am always a social butterfly and be up for a get together.

Send me a PM and we will swap numbers.

As for the Month of August I am good to go at the later part. Sorry to be so picky here guys but I only offord so much spare time away from work and family and my other car. And the wife would kill me to tell her we are going on a meet and greet in the middle of august as it is our Anniversary.

·
LX Padiwan
499 Posts
This sounds like a great idea......
I am very familiar with Lethbridge, I have alot of family that lives there right now. The drive from edmonton really hurts but its worth it!

Keith

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.