LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Southern by the grace of God
819 Posts
don't care much for it. It reminds me of a Holstein cow.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I had my daily driver mazda 929 painted with the dupont chromillusion 6 years ago.I have been reading up on this alsocorp stuff and they have the mystic color changing paint priced at $500 a gallon.I may do something like that with hemitime in the future but right now i just wanna emjoy seeing that inferno red gleaming in the sun.

·
Inspired Performance
6,332 Posts
Don't tempt me!! :wink:

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
That's super-rad, and cheaper than dupont's when it came out. Anybody wanna donate a paint job? I'll tattoo your name on my **** if you pay to paint my car!! (OK, not really, but I'd appreciate it very much :p)

·
I'm releasing the flying monkeys!
1,468 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Super T said:
That's super-rad, and cheaper than dupont's when it came out. Anybody wanna donate a paint job? I'll tattoo your name on my **** if you pay to paint my car!! (OK, not really, but I'd appreciate it very much :p)
The guy who painted my mazda when i had it done had me buy the actual color shifting paint(I chose Dupont's Chromilussion absolute purpleen)and he supplied the base,the clear,the harders and everything else and only charged me $1100 to spray it.It was done right too!He took all the doors off,all the modings and really took his time doing it.it came out with no orange pill,no paint lines around the windows or moldings and no paint lines into the door jams.I would talk to him again about doing my Magnum but knbwing me that way i do then once I talk to him then i would be leaving it with him:) .

·
The NEW KRT
3,970 Posts
Alsacorp has some great paint, I was trying to talk my friend into working the chrome, but he advised me of how easy it scratched. So we are looking at other options for the winter project. The color changing paint is out of style here and im not to keen on it. The eclipse is somthing new. It might be interesting using it as paint for a project, ill have to show him.
Thanks

·
vajazzle it!....;)
15,798 Posts
Cool. How about on the engine cover?? - didnt see on the website at what temperature the color changes occur.-

·
I'm releasing the flying monkeys!
1,468 Posts
monty1269 said:
Cool. How about on the engine cover?? - didnt see on the website at what temperature the color changes occur.-
That much heat may be too much. It looks like it changes just from the warmth from your hand. Dunno...

·
LX Guru
2,871 Posts
That would be the only way I'd drive a dark (dark blue, purple, or black) car... if when it heated up the car turned white. (That'd be the only way I'd drive a white car also is if it was only white when it was hot.)

Out here in the desert it might spend more time lighter than not, but at night it might cool enough to mellow out. (I bet at 70+ MPH the color goes back to it's cool color...enough air current.

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
I could see getting mine painted with the Mystic paint (purple to green, etc). It would look close to Magnesium pearl, but have that shimmering color as you went by.

·
LX Guru
4,322 Posts
Lets see direct sun light, car heats up and then it never would change to the "cooled" color. Now of interior parts I could see it, but not exterior parts.

·
LX Guru
2,871 Posts
It would change back to the cooled color as you drive it. 70-80mph will do wonders for pulling heat out of metal. It would probably start changing back to the cooled color on the front faces and then slow "drag" back over surfaces. It's be an ill effect.

·
LX Guru
4,322 Posts
quarky42 said:
It would change back to the cooled color as you drive it. 70-80mph will do wonders for pulling heat out of metal. It would probably start changing back to the cooled color on the front faces and then slow "drag" back over surfaces. It's be an ill effect.
At 70-80 mph be kinda hard to show off the effect ahha. Then in stop and go traffic, then have a poka-dotted effect when it sprinkles haha.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.