LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Freedom isn't free.....
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the chrome intakes they sell on ebay. They are less than $100 for the 2.7L. Are they worth it? Aren't all the intakes really the same, I know some take in more air depending on the filter size right? I wonder if these are compatible with the K&N filters? I wanna bite but I neeed expert knowledge from you guys. Namebrand is not that important to me as long as it does the job. Give me you thoughts.....:wink:

·
Freedom isn't free.....
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I seen it but I don't have the patience or mechanical skills for that project. Would love to have one though!

·
Is it hot in here or is it just me?
2,080 Posts
If it is one of the intakes from Chrome Intakes, it is not worth it. I bit and bought one of their "big intake" systems for my RT for $75. When I received it, it was total crap!
The pipe was some super thin aluminum with ragged edges all over the place. Their was no takeoff for the EGR and no mounting bracket to hold up the filter. I ended up buying a AEM Brute Force system after that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.