LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
96SS now 06 MSRT8
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm talking about the 6 little buttons in the back seat down low with a diagram of a kid in a car seat. What the heck are these things for. I have two that have broke off. Anyone elese have this problem? The dealer along with other things (see my other post) claims abuse and it's not covered under warranty! At 4400 mile this seems like bull to me. If a preson really did not give a crap about his car I don't think he could have abused it as much as these guys claim I have. Claims he had a rep come look at it as well. Anyone have name and numbers at SRT (the guy who really care if they have a problem or not)?

·
Mama / DB geek / driver
8,821 Posts
Those are child safety seat anchors. Mine are still intact, which is cool, I plan on using them in a few years.

·
SRT Wannabe
49 Posts
The "buttons" mark the location of the child seat anchors. The anchors themselves are located just below the buttons in the crack between the back and bottom cushions. The anchors are polished metal U shaped pieces to which you attach the LATCH straps for car seats.

Conclusion - the "buttons" you mentioned are just cosmetic, but you are right about the fact that they shouldn't be falling off after only 4400 miles.

·
96SS now 06 MSRT8
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are refusing to fix this issue as they claim the only fix is a new $685 rear seat cover. They told me to call the 800 customer satisfaction line. Anyone have any hints as to how to handle this when I call them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.