LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Die hipster scum!
15,111 Posts
I fell in love with her in '99 shortly after she was unveiled, and spent the next 5 years waiting and sifting through the DCX rumor mill on allpar.com waiting for word on production. When we first heard through the grapevine a few years back that Charger would indeed be resurrected, THAT is what I, along with scores of other enthusiasts were expecting, or hoping for at least. That's NOT what we got. It was a HUGE disappointment for a lot of us... :sad:

·
Wish I were in Wonderland
510 Posts
da BoMM said:
...... the ultimate conclusion to the Intrepid.
That is exactly what I thought wqhen I saw it......looked like a next-gen Intrepid to me....

·
Premium Member
7,643 Posts
I think it's ugly and would have never expected for it to make it to production.

·
J to da Weezy..Baby!!
4,249 Posts
If the charger looked like that,

I WOULD HAVE NOT BOUGHT IT...that crap is ugly...

The back is nice, but the front and the side of the car is overboard with ugly-ness...

·
Great White Shark
122 Posts
Jweezy said:
If the charger looked like that,

I WOULD HAVE NOT BOUGHT IT...that crap is ugly...

The back is nice, but the front and the side of the car is overboard with ugly-ness...
What Jweezy said.

·
Formerly HLY CRAP
2,337 Posts
I agree. The front of the new Charger is much better looking. I like the rear on the concept car much more than the current production.

·
J to da Weezy..Baby!!
4,249 Posts
Although it would be nice to have the old indents like the older chargers..in the side of our cars...that charger has the Vents in the doors, that would be cool on our cars.

That car wouldnt sell. Dodge made a good move on that one...wheew

·
Die hipster scum!
15,111 Posts
LOL - this is an old argument... :wink:

Let me say up front, before any of you get defensive, that I do NOT dislike the look of the current production model Charger - on the contrary, I think it is one fine looking automobile.

...but there are a lot of entusiasts, myself included ("purists" as we were labeled on Allpar) who feel that the current model does not share enough design features with its namesake models to earn the name, and that the name "Charger" was merely resurrected to boost sales.

There are even those wo believe that the fact that the Challenger concept is so close in appearance to the muscle car era model is testament to this - DCX is attempting to satiate or "win back" the 40-something customers who scorned them when Charger was unveiled.

Disclaimer: This is my OPINION. I have offered it here as a matter of record - not to provoke or insult. You may or may not share this opinion, and I respect that, but I assure you that you that nothing you say here will change it.

LOL - I can't wait to see where this thread goes! :popcorn:

·
Great White Shark
122 Posts
bipto said:

Let me say up front, before any of you get defensive, that I do NOT dislike the look of the current production model Charger - on the contrary, I think it is one fine looking automobile.

...but there are a lot of entusiasts, myself included ("purists" as we were labeled on Allpar) who feel that the current model does not share enough design features with its namesake models to earn the name, and that the name "Charger" was merely resurrected to boost sales.

There are even those wo believe that the fact that the Challenger concept is so close in appearance to the muscle car era model is testament to this - DCX is attempting to satiate or "win back" the 40-something customers who scorned them when Charger was unveiled.

Disclaimer: This is my OPINION. I have offered it here as a matter of record - not to provoke or insult. You may or may not share this opinion, and I respect that, but I assure you that you that nothing you say here will change it.

I'd have bought my current car even if they'd called it the "Dodge Family Truckster," and had Ricardo Montalban shilling on TV for its "Corinthian leather" seats. :)

But then, I'm a former LHS owner, so what do I know? :)

·
LX Padiwan
460 Posts
that charger concept looks like someone bought a stratus, dumped a vat of fiberglass resin on it, and threw it in a wind tunnel.

then, after making the ugliest body for a car conceived, beat it with an ugly stick for hours on end. still not satisfied with how ugly it was, they parked it in an ugly forest and chopped all the ugly trees down right on to it.

IMHO

·
J to da Weezy..Baby!!
4,249 Posts
bipto said:

Ok ok...

I respect your opinion, but to tell you the truth...i could care less about the fact that my car has 4 doors, or doesnt have alot of the features, as the old charger, thats exactly the thing...ITS THE OLD CHARGER...

it is NOW 2006 and the market has changed...they made the car to fit all catagories of the market, it looks sporty but yet...its not TOOO sporty where you cant drive it everyday...most people i know with a charger drives it everyday...

YES the "charger" name on the back of my car is just a name...BUT I COULD CARELESS...if it was called the new PINTO...i love the looks, of my car. and so forth...

Recently i have been getting alot of comments bout the new charger and old charger from a couple of people in the area, and at car shows, and the first thing that comes out of my mouth, when they say that is...

"I HATE WHEN PEOPLE SAY THAT"...or "if it was just a 2 door"...people are going to say that for alot of cars, its its a 4 door people wish it was a 2 door, if its a 2 door, people want it as a 4 door, OMG...if you want the 2 door, just CHOP it...theres your 2 doors, if you want 4 strech it...there are only 2 cars that actually sell...the mustang, and the corvette...in the 60s and early 70s the 2 doors where the ****...but not in 2006 THIS TIME OF DAY is the TIME of 4doors, if you notice, most of the real high cars, Maserati, Austin Martin, farreri...all are now coming out with 4 doors, if they havent already...

You have a magnum right?...i dont think your magnum looks like the OLD magnum at ALL...

I just know that concept charger would of gave Dodge alot of negitive attention...we dont want to be like Chevy, and Ford, and make ugly cars...

I am not flaming or arguing...

Justin

·
Die hipster scum!
15,111 Posts
Jweezy said:
You have a magnum right?...i dont think your magnum looks like the OLD magnum at ALL...
I respect that as a debate point, but IMHO the Magnum of the '70's never developed the reputation that the Charger did as a classic "Muscle Car." Ya know, only the most memorable hurricane names are retired - the rest are subject to re-use... :wink:

Jweezy said:
I just know that concept charger would of gave Dodge alot of negitive attention...we dont want to be like Chevy, and Ford, and make ugly cars...
SLAP? LOL man, remember - some folks didn't think it was ugly. Some still don't. And in case you've forgotten, the current Charger got its fair share of negative press when it was unveiled too...

See here... and here, and here, and here...

LOL - I'm sure one could dig up a lot of positive articles too - my point is only that a LOT of people (though probably not the majority and probably not a lot on this forum) feel or felt as I do. Again - it's an OPINION. :wink:

I'm gonna step out of this now because I know from past experience that this is a no-win battle (Hey E8502, where are you when I need you?). You folks with the Chargers are ridin' in some nice cars - it was not my intent to imply otherwise, or to make any of you feel as if you had to defend them.

Forgive me, I knew better than to argue an opinion. :waah:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.