LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
LX Guru
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my pending orders to FE Warren, during my researching, I have found that the alt there is 6062ft, 782ft higher than Denver and 5062ft above Omaha, NE where I am stationed at now. I am wondering if the Magnum should be taken into a dealer there for a higher alt tweaking. Or hopefully it will correct itself.

·
I'm not speeding......I'm qualifying
5,266 Posts
It will be okay. Computer will compensate for higher altitude. I live at 5800 feet and have had the Magnum over 12000 feet on numerous occasions and it ran just fine. Also, adding a intake system to your car at this altitude, definitely adds a performance boost. I've read other posts that say they don't. But at altitude, they definitely do. I have the K & N Aircharger on my SXT and it definitely added some HP.

·
LX Padiwan
828 Posts
Also, at the altitude you can run 87 octane and maybe even 85, if it is available. I run 87 almost all the time, with no ill effects, at 3000 ft. elevation, and I've run 85 at altitude in Nevada, again with no problems. I actually get slightly better mileage with 87. I will qualify this by saying, if you use the Superchips Flashpaq set to the 91 tune, you should probably run 91. I use this setup sometimes with 89 octane, but if I am going to the races I'll fill up with 91.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.