LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
J to da Weezy..Baby!!
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup Guys,

Now i have a couple of things i wan considering...

1. I want to lower the car, but Just the Front, so can i just put lowering springs just in the front..?

2. I want to paint the inside of my doors, Yesterday i went to AutoZone, and saw that they sold Vinyl Paint...Hmmmm....they had black and they also had Yellow...Are our doors vinyl?...i dont like that Tan color on the bottem part of the doors, it doesnt really do anything for me...it think it looks tacky...my console is yellow buy my doors are black and Tan colored...so i want to paint the bottom black and certain accents yellow to really set the rest of the car off...is this possible, and do you all have any recommendations on work, how-to's or extraz ideaz, input...

Holla at me...1

Jweezy

·
All Black Everything!!!
6,115 Posts
jweezy , for interior plastics. etc, i reccommend krylon fusion paint, its made for just that..lightly scuff the plastics with a scoth bright scouring pad, clean the plastics up to remove any dust , paint away..

as for only lowering the front, not such a great idea, it will tottaly throw off the handling characteristics of the car, coilovers sounds like what u need, that way u will have the right spring rates all around, yet u can lower the front a lil more for the staggered look..

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
Lowering the front end will make the back end more squirrely. It looks cool, but anything other than straightline driving will suffer.

For dying plastic and vinyl, you've really got to make sure you prime it well and take your time.

It is easy to make it look good - the trick is making is last more than 6 months without wrinkling or bubbling from pressure and heat.

·
I know where Hoffa is...
6,616 Posts
I'd suggest an adhesion promoter for painting the plastic on the doors. It gives the paint a better surface to bond with.

I've been toying with the idea of using some low pile black automotive carpet to do my lower doors. I could cut the carpet out and insert a body color metal trim in certain places when I get the look right. (the carpet would be a close match to the carpet in the car) I would also do the lower portion of the dash to blend it all in.

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
I'd advise covering the door panels with some stretchy vinyl or synthetic leather rather than painting them. All the painted plastic I've seen that sees any wear (which your door panels will from your shoes, legs, etc.) doesn't hold up so well past a year or so. Usually starts to wear through in spots to the original color. Little tacky! If you can, use regular auto paint with adhesion promotor for the trim you want to do. In terms of lowering springs in the front, the guys are right on. Under hard braking the ass end is more likely to come around and the steering will be a little more shaky, but hopefully the ESP will be able to straighten it out and keep you from noticing, other than a slightly different feel at the steering wheel. It'd look bad-ass for sure though... I won't say "don't do it," just be aware of the effects.

·
J to da Weezy..Baby!!
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, i wanted you all opinion first, i was thinking about ordering the KW suspension but i head it takes 6-8 weeks for it to get to my house, in 6-8 weeks, it will be winter season and cold...no need to show off then...and ride low...plus thats 1,600 down the drane untile next spring summer...i was also thinking about rims...but in fall winter time to take them off...dont know what to do...but thanks for you all opinions, about the door, i want to do it this weekend...anyone have a projected cost?...i am also goin to paint my rings, and my back R/T sign...maybe a couple others...

jweezy

·
A Soldiers' Mom
4,562 Posts
I used the med. grey on my pillars and they came out okay. It dries pretty quick too. I cleaned them really good with a wax and grease remover first. It's a cheap way to change the look, and then you can decide if you want leather or whatever later on.

·
The NEW KRT
3,970 Posts
Hey man, just get a hoopty to drive during the poor weather or walk... I will park the Dragon winter season. Good luck with the painting, I have been debating on doing the same thing. I am looking for a good cleaner to clean the headliner and pillars. Some idiot with dirty fingers (maybe me) put there greasy paws on it, now a dirty spot remains.. Cant stand it!

·
The member formerly known as Jleilich
533 Posts
Jweezy said:
Thanks, i wanted you all opinion first, i was thinking about ordering the KW suspension but i head it takes 6-8 weeks for it to get to my house, in 6-8 weeks, it will be winter season and cold...no need to show off then...and ride low...plus thats 1,600 down the drane untile next spring summer...i was also thinking about rims...but in fall winter time to take them off...dont know what to do...but thanks for you all opinions, about the door, i want to do it this weekend...anyone have a projected cost?...i am also goin to paint my rings, and my back R/T sign...maybe a couple others...

jweezy
jweezy,

be patient and get what is best, you know you want the KW's no need to get the V2's just get the V1's both will lower the car. The V1's can be had for about $1200 or so. Dont buy something you dont really want, then regret it later. Did you try GS motorsports? they have KWs. My advice, if you have to wait a little bit, then wait. You will be happier in the long run.

·
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmK
753 Posts
Make sure you primer your doors like others said with a good promoter/primer for the paint to stick. I have used that paint before and it will look good for about a week or 2 and then it will start peeling and look like crap if it isnt prepared right. Get a vinyl/plastic primer that will work good. You may have to get one online or go to a reg paint store. Where you at in Va If you are close to a total auto parts they just deal in paint!

What you talking about in 2 months it will be cold we are in VA!!! It will still be in the 60's in october!

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Check with HHP and some of the other forum vendors

Jweezy said:

jweezy
Shouldn't take that long for the KW V2's. I got mine in 1 week from John Hennessey, but you may have to search around to see who has stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.