LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LX Newbie
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings - I've got an '05 Magnum and I'm trying to install the Volant CAI. Trouble is that the included instructions are horrible and I cannot for the life of me see what to do with the bottom tube. All I know at this point is that it faces towards the passenger side of the vehicle, but I don't see where it is supposed to mount at all. I'm looking from underside the vehicle - do I have to remove all of the underside fairing and plastic covers?

I've searched here on the forum, but any posts I find are from 2005 and the pictures are missing, so I'm not finding what I think I need.

Any help or updated pics from your own install would be very helpfull and much appreciated!

·
LX Newbie
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SoCalRT said:
There are only two hoses on the intake. Check out this install, it should be close enough to give you a good idea of how it should work.
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=11317
Thanks for the reply. That does help from the regards of the top hose, but I'm stuck on the bottom hose. Just having a pic or two of someone else's install from the bottom would probably help me out a whole lot.

·
07 Charger RT R&T
4,240 Posts
I never installed the bottom tube because of the PITA install (PITA=pain in the arse). Save the sweat and don't install it.

Randy

·
Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late
6,193 Posts
Call the Guys at Volant, talk to Max or one of the Techs.
They installed mine, so not sure, but you want that bottom tube hooked up!!

·
07 Charger RT R&T
4,240 Posts
The bottom tube is just an extension of the shelf hole. Since the tube faces sideways there is no RAM effect. And GIFO has pretty much stated that the CAI's give minimal effect anywho.

Here is my post from my install. Good luck.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=22505

·
LX Old Timer
1,065 Posts
If you are still having problems tonight, let me know and I wil ltry to snap a pic.

·
LX Newbie
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
snickle said:
If you are still having problems tonight, let me know and I wil ltry to snap a pic.
Thanks for the replies guys - I am definitely going to try to hook up the bottom tube - I paid for it, and I want it on there. :)

Snickle - if you wouldn't mind to grab a picture I'm sure it would help me out 110% - I'm kinda stuck like chuck right now. Thanks!!

·
LX Old Timer
1,065 Posts
Here are the pics taken through the lower slots on the front fascia.

As I remember there was a triangle shaped plastic piece attached where the tube attaches. I removed it and attached the tube as shown.

No problem with water at all.

·
LX Old Timer
1,065 Posts
In answer to you other questions. Yes, you need to remove the bottom covers, nine screw I think.

The top of the tube connects to the bottom of the main unit with a rubber sleeve and two large clamps. Attach the sleave to the tube and secure, and then silde 2nd clamp on rubber sleeve and slide onto main unit. Borrow the cute contortionist and have her tighten the clamps for you. Make sure you have the tube facing the right way first.

Then you remove the plastic piece, use one of the clips that held it on to attach the bracket to the car. Assemble the bracket first and attach to the tube, then just pop in the clip.

If you got the tube properly attached to the main housing, it will stay no problem as you attach the bottom.

Yes it is a pain, but you only have to do it once.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.