LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
This Space for Sale ... Cheap
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Camaro to roar back by 2008

GM to announce Chevy going from concept to streets

It's really happening: The Chevy Camaro is coming back as a production car, the Free Press has learned.

General Motors Corp. Chairman Rick Wagoner is expected to announce the resurrection of the legendary muscle car in a speech Thursday to an automotive conference in Traverse City.

Read the entire article at freep.com HERE

·
Tipmaster G
7,019 Posts
Too little too late, if custemers wanted a rwd GM would they not have bought a gto?

GM screwed up thewy have a good looking body Monte Carlo make it rwd 2-3 years ago and would have had a winner!(sort of)

·
GOMAB
666 Posts
I tell you guys what...it took GM to get the Camaro concept pictures out and my wife turned into a gear-head (which she never was before). I am so happy that her name will go in the waiting list here in our local Chevy dealer.

·
America...fvck yeah!
5,397 Posts
Let's not throw too many stones at GM. Afterall in 2004 when I was looking for something with some stones I had to choose between the CTS-V and the 300M Special. Hmmm, pretty easy decision. I for one can't wait to see Mustangs, Challengers and Camaros on the road again in 2008. Battling it out with 450+HP. These are the good ol' days.

·
I'm tryin' to think but nuttin' happens
5,151 Posts
I tell you what - If GM comes out with a sedan with RWD and a V-8 and it takes some styling cues form the Camaro, I might be on board simply for the fact that I will be able to throw on a bunch of mods and actually tune the engine.

·
Never thought I'd be on a boat.
869 Posts
bobf said:
I tell you what - If GM comes out with a sedan with RWD and a V-8 and it takes some styling cues form the Camaro, I might be on board simply for the fact that I will be able to throw on a bunch of mods and actually tune the engine.
You've heard of MagnumFreak's project Morpheus, right? Hopefully 11/1/06 you'll be able to buy a real tuner for your LX.

That said, the '01 will be traded in on an '09 or '10. :mrgreen:

·
2.0 x 3.0 x 5.0 ÷ 10.0 + 1.0 = 2.0²
3,653 Posts
bobf said:
The new impala is supposed to be RWD v-8, with retro styling. Lets see if GM screws it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.