LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went and traded in the 300C on a 2010 Jeep Liberty. It's really nice but I have to admit I miss my 300 already. Anyway, it was the right thing to do. Both of our cars were sitting in the 85k mile range, and I just had to drop $2,600 on the wife's R350. There are more things that it needs as well as the 300 needed some stuff as well. So, I made what I think was the logical move in my price range... plus, I have a soft spot for Jeeps.

So, here is my feeler as well. I took off some stuff from the 300 before it went. I unmarried my Predator, pulled the AEM intake off, and pulled my BT Catch Can. I was thinking of posting them all up for sale at $230 for the whole package. What do you think?
I also have some interior stuff. A mint satin silver standard radio bezel and shift bezel, a sort of worn shift knob, a 6 disc stereo, auto dim mirror, and open cup holder. I was thinking of posting all that up for say $100. Again, what do you think?
I figured I would make them packages that way I can just worry about shipping out two boxes and get everything out of the garage.

Love to hear your feedback. I plan on posting things up tomorrow.

I know you folks love pictures.... Here's the Jeep.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is this for a v6 or v8 ?
A man of my word... I posted up my spare stuff in the for sale section and the under hood stuff sold in less than a day. My car was a C so it had the V8.

Liberty? :shock:
I know, I know..... I miss my 300 dearly. There was no getting the SUV I really wanted for under 20 grand. A Grand Cherokee, 2010 or newer with warranty. To be honest, in the world of small ute's I have always had a soft spot for the Liberty. It reminds me of the Cherokee's I had and really liked. And this one is VERY loaded. I gave up 0 options moving from the 300C. I have touch screen Nav, heated leather, sunroof, power seats with memory, everything... even backup sensors. And, the engine sits the right way under the hood. It is conventional rear wheel drive unless I tell it different. That too is one of the things I like about it. The down sides for me? The 3.7 is soooo wimpy...The drivers seat is very narrow and the backrest lumbar is really uncomfortable. The seat I can fix believe it or not. Other than that, I like the "little truck".

Any hints on waking up the 3.7? Or would I just be wasting my time.....

·
Registered
97 Posts
there is no hope on waking up the 3.7 in those things. My fiance had one and it was a dog plain and simple I tried everything but nothing cheap worked. If you are going to do anything to help re-gearing it to 4:10 gears is your best bet but mileage will suffer.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there is no hope on waking up the 3.7 in those things. My fiance had one and it was a dog plain and simple I tried everything but nothing cheap worked. If you are going to do anything to help re-gearing it to 4:10 gears is your best bet but mileage will suffer.
I hear you and figured as much... The biggest issue for me is on the highway. Commuting ends up being constant transitions from say 60mph to 75mph as Left Laners move over. It is constantly downshifting with even just a moderate press of the accelerator. Man I miss my V8.

·
Registered
97 Posts
ya the 4 speed trans isn't the best suited for the jeep either. you should check out lostjeeps.org it is a great reference and they may have something I can't think of.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya the 4 speed trans isn't the best suited for the jeep either. you should check out lostjeeps.org it is a great reference and they may have something I can't think of.
Sad thing is they put a 4.0 and 5 speed in the upper trim Dodge Nitro. Supposedly was a great improvement. Why they didn't in the Liberty is beyond me.....

Thanks for the site, I'll be looking at it.

Cute little thing it is, But if you are wanting to sell the Predator, intake, BT Catch Can. Let me know i am wanting.
Sorry but those sold already....

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to revive this thread... just because I authored it a great many years ago... almost ten to be exact... man, how time has gone by and things have changed. The Jeep turned out to be one of the worse vehicles I have ever had the pleasure of owning. The ONLY redeeming thing about it was it was great in severe weather... and that's it. Without boring everyone with a Jeep rant, the last straw was discovering that the roof was not welded properly and actually leaked... So, the Jeep became a 2010 Honda Crosstour (a unique awd Accord hatchback), and that later moved to a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan GT (first new car in a long time). A year later I passed the van to the wife and picked up a 2016 Ram 1500. We still have the van, and I loved the truck a bunch...

Fast forward to last summer... I took a job offer to relocate from Akron, OH to Dallas/Fort Worth area. Sold the house and moved the family. Bought a house here in Fort Worth during the crazy real-estate market (a whole crazy story in itself). Well, speaking of crazy, the car market is nuts as well. And this is why I am back on here. I have always loved my 300, and like them still. I armchair shop and, messing around I came across something that was just nuts. An online retailer had a 2019 300 Limited with 42k miles on it for a fairly reasonable price for today of 24,500. That wasn't as crazy as what they gave me for my truck, with 98k miles on it... 25,400. My truck was paid off, so I basically got a rebate in cash for a 2019 300 Limited. Absolutely crazy... Anyway, glad to be back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts