LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
LX Newbie
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm traveling Saturday to most likely purchase an 05 R/T. Anything I should pay special attention to? Any recalls on these yet? Any common problems on the Magnums? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,643 Posts
Let's see, what to look for...

I know. Mineral Grey Metallic!!!

·
Dazed and Confused
108 Posts
thelurker said:
Hi all,
I'm traveling Saturday to most likely purchase an 05 R/T. Anything I should pay special attention to? Any recalls on these yet? Any common problems on the Magnums? Thanks!
Good luck in your pursuit of the badest wagon on the planet !! I would say make sure you inspect the paint job in direct sunlight from different angles. My Midnight blue looks great when its an overcast day. Put it out in the sun and there are lots of hairline scratches and swirls from a buffer. The lot jockeys at the dealership I bought mine from really did a number on it. The day I picked it up we looked it over well and didnt see any problems. First wash in the sun and "OMFG !!"

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
Negotiate over the phone...

Tell them you're willing to call every dealership within 500 miles -

Lowest price wins your business.

If you show up - and really want to leave with the car... you're at a disadvatage in negotiating and won't get as good of a deal.

After you get your Magnum - come back here and share pics! :rock:

·
LX Padiwan
386 Posts
Slyk Ryk said:
Good luck in your pursuit of the badest wagon on the planet !! I would say make sure you inspect the paint job in direct sunlight from different angles. My Midnight blue looks great when its an overcast day. Put it out in the sun and there are lots of hairline scratches and swirls from a buffer. The lot jockeys at the dealership I bought mine from really did a number on it. The day I picked it up we looked it over well and didnt see any problems. First wash in the sun and "OMFG !!"
3M swirl remover will be your new favorite detail product.:wink:

·
GOOD MEAT TAKES A LONG TIME!
21,543 Posts
Pull up your boot-straps and get the SRT8. You won't be disappointed.
Good luck in your quest.

·
Magnum RT 2005
3,094 Posts
Silver adds 50hp!
Check out many RTs, no two are the same for power.
I got the most powerful (in my opinion in my town) and it just so happened to also be the colour I wanted too!
The only thing I would have liked was NAV but then in a small town when would I use it? LOL!!

·
Formerly known as CANDYAPPLE
9,552 Posts
Shop around for best pricing. I found a small town dealer to be the lowest price, even though it was one and a half hours drive away. Bought a new 2005 Magnum SXT June of this year and got almost 10K off the price. I don't think anyone will move that much on an R/T though.

Cheers Candyapple

·
Two tons o' Hemi powered fun!
390 Posts
I got 10K of the price of a 05 RT in May, so it's possible.

Check out the gaps on the front bumper, around the lights, hood, etc; it's a common problem. If you see something you don't like, make them fix it before you buy.

·
LX Guru
14,153 Posts
Get the best deal, they want to move these cars out for 07's. Warantee to. If you get Sirrius Radio remember to tell them its a new car then you get 1 year free. 05 RT's love the SC tuner, BTW. It's one hellova car!

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
buy an '05!!

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
Yes - completely true

if you plan on keeping it 5 years, you can't go wrong.

The 05 w/7/70 is a much better deal right now than a 06 because of the warranty and the price break.

DO IT! Don't look back - I did and I haven't regretted it for a second.

·
Dazed and Confused
108 Posts
Gameboy said:
3M swirl remover will be your new favorite detail product.:wink:
I should try that stuff. A friends Dad wants to wet sand.........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.