LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cut me open and cover with butter!
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My wife noticed today that when I brake hard (traffic coming to a quick stop, or me not noticing a stop sign :doh: ) that there is a little nock underneath her feet.

I never noticed it because I usually have the music going, or my windows down. But she could feel it. and when I did a little testing, with the music off, I could hear a little "click" from under my 300.

I got out, looked underneath and saw nothing out of the ordinary.

I'll bring it into the dealer this coming weekend, but wanted to jump on here and see if anybody had a similar issue.

Thanks!

-Mike

·
Premium Member
14,219 Posts
there is a bracket under the car that is there incase the exhaust were to just fall out. it is there to keep it from hitting the ground center of the car just after the cats. before the muffler. maybe its loose??

·
Cut me open and cover with butter!
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will look at that. I just had new dual exhaust put on about two weeks ago.

·
now on my 3rd modern mopar, a Jeep SRT8
603 Posts
Biscuit said:
I will look at that. I just had new dual exhaust put on about two weeks ago.
Ever since I put on the Corsa.....I get this ocassionally as well....we removed the brace due to it being close to the exhaust and Im sure that is what it is....the body is slightly flexing....Im going to re-install it and add spacers so it doesnt hit the exhaust....keep us informed and I'll do the same.

·
LX Padiwan
128 Posts
i had the same issue,when i had my exhaust installed i noticed the same.the swaybar was comming loose.i got up in there n snugged it tight n bam all good now.

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
muffler or pipe bumping the floor is my guess.

Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.