LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hemi Panzer
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have to say one bad thing about the Charger, this thing is the biggest magnet for BUGS!!

I've owned about 20 cars over the years and NEVER have I had to clean off so many dead bug bodies off any of them as I have for the Charger!

Is there an explosion in bug population or something??

I mean seriously, In one short ride of about 40 miles, I have more dead bugs on my lower bumper, grill and headlights that can be perceived as a genocide war against BUGS.

I got everything from mosquitos to HUGE grasshopper folded like the letter V in my grill. Im finding myself having to claybar the front end at least ONCE A WEEK!

Anyone else having this problem or have any advice??

I waxed the hell out of the front end tonite with Turtle Wax ICE and yea the car looks awesome, but upon return, there they were, another cemetary on my front end and not sliding off as I thought the wax might do.:sad:

·
Hemi Panzer
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol well yea thats true, but my 70 Charger, 72 and 73 Challengers and 71 Buick Skylark are also shaped pretty boxy on the front end but didn't collect bugs like the 2006 Charger does! I mean, It's normal to get a few at least once a day, but HUNDREDS?? My front grill looks like I was hitting those Georgia roads the DUKES drive on with SWARMS. lol

I was on the turnpike in the north where its usually swarms of PEOPLE AND CARS, not bugs!! lol

·
LX Newbie
150 Posts
I found the same with my Charger. The key seems to be to keep as much wax as possible on the front of it. They come off so much easier. I think I lost track of how many coats I have on the nose.

·
Premium Member
7,643 Posts
It's Global warming dude, there are more bugs this year.

Try using running water and an unused dryer fabric softener sheet. That will take the bugs right off, completely. I thought it strange too, but tried it and it really worked. No need to clay bar every week, just run by the car wash and blast the bugs off after your road trip. The wax makes them come right off.

·
Hemi Panzer
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks for the advice guys. Ill put more wax on the 3 coats i did yesterday. Ill try that dryer fabric too, see how that works.

·
LX Newbie
75 Posts
it you're looking for a short term solution for long road trips try buying this new bug paint they sell at autozone. it's designed specifically for spraying on the front of your car or anywhere else for that matter, then it can be washed off with soap and water. i used the stuff on my trip from bama to ohio and it worked great. goes on clear or black depending on what color you chose from. the ultimate fighter against bug season.

·
First AWD LX in the 12's N/A
8,067 Posts
Just think of the wonderful public service you're providing. Reducing the risk of West Nile Virus in your community.

·
Hemi Panzer
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Token said:
Just think of the wonderful public service you're providing. Reducing the risk of West Nile Virus in your community.
hahahaha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.