cbutler32
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just in from Resumespeed:

TSB #: 05-006-06

Date: August 2, 2006

Subject: Front And/Or Rear Brake Rotors Grooved/Scored

Models: 2005 - 2006 (LX) SRT8 Charger, SRT8 Magnum, SRT8 300C

Symptom/Condition: Front and/or rear brake rotors may appear grooved or scored prematurely.

Diagnosis: Inspect the brake rotors. If the rotors show premature grooving or scoring, perform the Repair Procedure.

Repair Procedure: Using the procedures outlined in TechCONNECT: SERVICE INFO tab /5 - Brakes/Hydraulic replace the front and rear brake rotors with the slotted rotors listed in the Parts Required section. Inspect the brake pads and replace the pads as necessary.

NOTE: If premature grooving or scoring is present on any rotor, slotted rotors must be installed in the front and rear.

Policy: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.

---------------------------

PDF file of bulletin: #05-006-06

--RS--

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
856 Posts
Just dropped a copy of tsb at my dealer, rotors should be in in a couple days.
gonna wait 'till new pads from zeckhausen arrive, then kill 2 birds one stone.

·
I'm tryin' to think but nuttin' happens
5,151 Posts
Called dealer and of course they're running around now because they have no idea about this TSB (gotta love the internet). They'll get back to me soon... I hope!!

·
America...fvck yeah!
5,397 Posts
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock: DCX did the right thing. Saw these kind of issues handled by GM VERY poorly with my CTS-V's. I'm proud of you DCX. :not_worth

·
Where is my 707?
1,311 Posts
BEWARE!

The DCX parts computers are working against us!

I ordered my rotors a couple of weeks ago...... I went to pick mine up today. My parts guy ordered the correct AB part for the rears, but the AA (non-slotted) rotors showed up! He thought HE made an error...... However, the computer tells him that AA is superceded by AB, but when he keys the order as AB, AA shows up. No issues with the front rotors......

Make sure and check your boxes before you leave the parts counter. At least at my dealership, the parts dept is going to have to manually call this one in to get the correct parts....... I'm sure they will have their system working properly soon enough.

Those of you getting the TSB done will want to make sure they have the correct parts BEFORE they begin to tear your existing brakes down.

--Bo

·
Thread Killer, Vote Stealer
2,983 Posts
I had to call around as my car has 11,500 miles. The first dealer says they are too busy to see me until next Thursday. The next has to wait until Monday morning. Both act very suspicious of my claims and are almost offended that I have a TSB that was released on 8/2/06.

Both repair shops wanted to make sure I was still under 12k miles. Does it really matter since I have already been in for this same problem and received the pad TSB?

·
Soccer Wagon Dad
283 Posts
bmartin9122 said:
Both repair shops wanted to make sure I was still under 12k miles. Does it really matter since I have already been in for this same problem and received the pad TSB?
I am in the same boat. I will talk to our dealer on Monday about this as I have complaints at 3.5K miles and ~8K miles about the scored rotors. The dealer tried micr-polishing them and it did help, but it is still worse than normal for a 12,500 mile car. I'm going to be a bit peeved if they refuse it with two complaints for just 500 miles over.....

Todd

·
LX Padiwan
896 Posts
I also checked today - dealer had to check around, they called back and said the rotors are available BUT the rear pads have a new version which supersedes the current pad. These are not available and suggested I wait and do the whole job at once. UNLESS I am about to go over 12K as it would not be covered by warranty
They seemed very helpful and appreciated it when I had the TSB number.

·
LX Padiwan
284 Posts
Hi Guys!! :)

Not sure if this has been asked before... BUT

Is the rotor problem only effecting some SRT8's?! Or will all eventually 'suffer' from this?!

And why no more than 12,000 miles? I can't find anything that specifically limits the warranty on rotors. [at least insofar as manufacturer defects are concerned]

Thanks,
Craig!! :)

PS - The rotors on my car seem fine - so far. Then again - the car has only been driven about 2,200 miles.

·
~~~~~~~~~
962 Posts
CanadaCraig said:
Hi Guys!! :)

Not sure if this has been asked before... BUT

Is the rotor problem only effecting some SRT8's?! Or will all eventually 'suffer' from this?!

And why no more than 12,000 miles? I can't find anything that specifically limits the warranty on rotors. [at least insofar as manufacturer defects are concerned]

Thanks,
Craig!! :)

PS - The rotors on my car seem fine - so far. Then again - the car has only been driven about 2,200 miles.
Here is the published limitation.
You can read it here. Click on the Warranty Information link.
http://www.chrysler.com/owners/index.html

F. When It Ends​

The Basic Limited Warranty lasts for 36 months from the

date it begins or for 36,000 miles on the odometer,
whichever occurs first. But the following items are
covered only for 12 months or for 12,000 miles on the
odometer, whichever occurs first:
• brakes (rotors, pads, linings, and drums);
• wiper blades;
• clutch discs;
• windshield and rear window; and
• wheel alignment and wheel balancing​

·
LX Newbie
101 Posts
sidetrack said:

The Basic Limited Warranty lasts for 36 months from the
date it begins or for 36,000 miles on the odometer,
whichever occurs first. But the following items are
covered only for 12 months or for 12,000 miles on the
odometer, whichever occurs first:
• brakes (rotors, pads, linings, and drums);​
ok the car has 12k+ miles on it and has the rotor issue, but has not be complained about "offically" with a dealer, but i don't have the basic warrenty, i decided to upgrade the warrenty at time of purchase and got the 6yr 60k bumper to bumper FULL coverage, i dont even have a co-pay for warrenty work

any idea on if they might give me a hard time?

·
I'm tryin' to think but nuttin' happens
5,151 Posts
Sure I'm over 15k now, but I complained about the problem at 4k when they could not fix it. My dealer sees that on their records and counts this as a warranty fix.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.