LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
06 Midnight Blue RT
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally broke down and bought the Borla 125's. I was able to self install them in about an hour. I ran the Magnum down the first straight-away and it was nice. However, they are much louder than expected. I brought them home to the wife and she's not happy :sad: Does anyone know where I can get my hands on something to quiet this beast down? I emailed Borla and they won't sell me the back ends of the 112 version. Any thoughts would be helpful. Blastin Bob has a kit for a little more than $300, but they are magnaflows and I didn't really want to mix them with the Borla system.

·
fool in search of wisdom
5,863 Posts
Brad Martin said:
I finally broke down and bought the Borla 125's. I was able to self install them in about an hour. I ran the Magnum down the first straight-away and it was nice. However, they are much louder than expected. I brought them home to the wife and she's not happy :sad: Does anyone know where I can get my hands on something to quiet this beast down? I emailed Borla and they won't sell me the back ends of the 112 version. Any thoughts would be helpful. Blastin Bob has a kit for a little more than $300, but they are magnaflows and I didn't really want to mix them with the Borla system.
You can probably just get a set of standard Borlas for the rear, and Blastin' Bob will make you some pipes to fit 'em.....

Might also be able to put some glasspacks on the back.

·
Premium Member
34,711 Posts
Mike East has a set of Borla Mufflers and a set of Borla Resonators for sale.Try PMing him.He's on vacation for a few days so he may not get back to you immediately.

·
Beast
521 Posts
Thats too bad, my wife loves the sound of my 125's, if anything we both wished they were even a little louder.

·
magnumaniac
452 Posts
Im with you steve r/t, cant wait to get high flo cats for awd, hoping sound will get a tad louder

·
No longer sporting dual R/T's!
9,301 Posts
Brad, I sent you a PM..

Mike

(using Mom-n-Dad's pc at a screaming 53.2 kbps! whooBABY! we are cooking along now!!)

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
hemiunderglass said:
Instead of quieting the 125's how about quieting your wife!
OUCH!!! I don't believe you said that! what's wrong with you???? don't you know that those aftermarket parts aren't available yet??? :friday:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.