LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Threadkiller.........see?
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some history, refer to this past thread... http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=32143

Well, I received my come-upance the other day when I lined up at a red light beside my workmate in his blown '05 Mustang GT - street was nice and dry. Same location as last time (both lanes turning left - no oncoming traffic) except the lanes were reversed - I was on the left (inside lane). We look at each other and we know it's ON now - time to pay for the gloating I did last time. When the light went green we both launched at the same time, both arching left. I cut left hard so I could get straight and hammer it sooner and that worked for a couple of car lengths but once he got facing the right direction I heard that blower whine (I had the passenger windows down just so I could hear it better - LOL!) and wheel spin and knew it was all over but the show. With my foot to the floor he howled past me (but not TOOOO embarrassingly fast), a$$-end squatting down hard with each shift, digging for acceleration. And what a great smell - LOL!! All that burned fuel - WOW! :rock: That was a great way to start the day - coming down from adrenaline jitters.

I promised him I'd post a follow-up after we met again in dry conditions, so here it is, pal. :not_worth

·
The NEW KRT
3,970 Posts
Yep, the new mustang is nice, when I was in Florida for school at Eglin Air Base the government folks thought it would be funny to make me drive from Pensacola to the base when I had to attend a school for 3 weeks there. But I had the last laugh when I talked this kind southern bell, kind of, at the car rental place into getting me a Mustang Convertible, even though I had to wait for an hour. Anyways, was a great little car, I'm not sure if there is a Cobra version out but it I bet will be smoking fast.

·
Threadkiller.........see?
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
iamkungfool said:
:eek:wned: lol i can use this one now! it's apples and oranges but you know that already. you both have awesome cars. sorry i love the new mustangs. retro done right.
Yep, his car looks great coming AND going.

....not that I'm running out to get one or anything.

BTW Bubba, there's a 500 hp Shelby Cobra version coming out later (this fall? next spring?) and he's got his name on a waiting list for that, but now that he's got the S/C it's up in the air whether he'll take it or not if it does get offered to him.

·
LX Padiwan
282 Posts
Bubba's Dragon said:
I'm not sure if there is a Cobra version out but it I bet will be smoking fast.
Little car called the Ford Mustang Shelby Cobra GT500 coming this fall.. I guess how many HP it'll have.

·
Huge Member
782 Posts
The Shelby is already hitting showrooms. Very slowly, but they are starting to appear on the street.:wink:

·
LX Guru
14,153 Posts
Wait till you get a couple inches of snow!

·
ITSGOT1
74 Posts
A buddy of mine rented a shelby gt500 at Hertz in Phoenix. Funny thing, we popped the hood and they had "safety wire" going across the top of the engine and all over the place with seals attached. I am assuming to keep someone from renting and swapping motors or parts??? Anyway, he had a blast in it.

·
05 Magnum 6.1L Pro Street
2,052 Posts
know why I like these posts? Cause its someone admitting they got beaten! A super charged car that weighs less. Glad to hear you tried to hang until he made some boost = but physics show he was pullin away.

I havn't seen any new style mustangs blown - im sure its pretty cool. Im not a die hard chevy / ford / chrysler fan to the death, just whats ever fast.

Good story / thread. cant win em all, and unless u had a blower u wern't winning that one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.