1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only on left turns!?

Right signal blinks fine...

Left signal blinks twice as fast.

I just installed Silverstars in my front lamp assemblies... but I tested them after install and they were AOK.

·
I know where Hoffa is...
6,616 Posts
Usually when a blinker blinks too fast, there is not enough resistance - I.E., there is a bulb out or if switching to LED lights, they do not put enough resistance into the circuit. Check all the bulbs on that side for a loose connection or bulb out.

·
Thread Killer, Vote Stealer
2,983 Posts
Yup! A bulb must be out or is not connected properly. LED's have their own issues.

Reactions: wbornio

·
Premium Member
10,061 Posts
Are the rears blinking? Sounds like one of the bulbs is out and the fast blink is the tell tale. if not pull out the front and install old bulb to see if it still does it.

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shure enough... the drivers side bulb was not illuminating.

Put my stockers back in - :rock: -

Silverstars are back in packaging - with receipt - headed back to Advance in the AM - I'll try one more set then I'll give up. I like the look - but not at the expense of reliability or safety.

Thanks to all.

·
2,983 Posts
They are good bulbs - don't give up! I have had Silverstar turn signal bulbs in the front almost since I got my car a year ago. They have worked flawlessly ever since.

·
The King Nitwit!
9,974 Posts
I haven't seen a set of silverstars installed and lit up. How much different do they look from standard bulbs? I'm curious about headlamps and turns.

·
2,983 Posts
Slim's Magnum said:
I haven't seen a set of silverstars installed and lit up. How much different do they look from standard bulbs? I'm curious about headlamps and turns.
The turn signals look iridescent when not turned on. When illuminated, the glow a significantly deeper shade of amber.

The SS headlamp bulb replacements are about as good as halogen bulbs get. They have a slight HID-blue look to them. I had a set installed in my Mag until I got my HID kit. I also still have a set installed in my Grand Caravan. They are hard to beat for the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.